My love and hate for Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by savergrl • Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, sometimes you have to put up with them I guess. I think Walmart is Ok, but I really don't find them that impressive, a good majority of the time. I would rather shop somewhere else if I have the opportunity., I am looking forward to getting some good savings with the Savings Catcher app. I haven't tried it yet.

2. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that Walmart has great deals and where they are lacking is in customer service. I think that they make an effort to hire out of the community and help those who may not be able to find a job, such as handicapped. However, they can probably improve their trainings to fit the needs of this population.

3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I can't stand Walmart. I think the prices are decent, but the products are pretty junky. The people that I see there are always in their pajamas. No offense to them, but they never seem well dressed or neat in my area. It always looks like they just rolled out of bed. The employees are also rude and unhelpful. When I ask where something is they always tell me that they don't know. I just don't understand why they can't help find it for me. Isn't that what they are being paid to do? I'm not sure if It's just my area, or if it is all Walmarts. I'd rather support a small local business than a big business like a Walmart or another big corporation.

4. GettyYetty

GettyYettyNew Member

Threads:
    Well, cheap prices is the main motivation for anybody. My attitude depends usually on the mood, the freakshow is always fun though ;)

5. angie

angieNew Member

Threads:
    well not sure it depends id everyone shopping a super store because that makes a really big difference. We have the Wal- Mart with groceries but not as many as the one in the larger cities around us and it seems customer service is still pretty good over all. The bigger stores just kind of seem like they get stampeded and stormed so I can never figure out where anything is much less the one item I found in the middle of some random aisle with no price tag and no sku on product key. Never fails when they have to call the department manager over and everyone moans at you yep i'm that lady, so i like the smaller and a little more organized store.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart's a big part of what's wrong with our world and I won't support them. I'm not one to care about customer service, I'm paying for a product, not to own you for a few minutes of my day.. but when a company is unethical (people and animals) I will always take my money elsewhere. I don't support suffering of any kind if I'm aware and can help it. That said, you do what you gotta do.. if the savings will keep you off the street, you can't put ethics or customer service before your family.

7. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart also. Although, I usually run in to staff that just DO NOT care about their job or the customer. I can't tell you how many times I've stood in the self check-out lane, needing an employee to authorize a transaction, and they are chatting with the employee next to them about their kids! By all mean, chat about your kids, but PAY ATTENTION TO THE CUSTOMERS. However, I usually end up there the most because their Savings Catcher program is amazing. If you aren't already using it, you should definitely try it. It saves you the time from searching for coupons. Very often, it cuts out the employee entirely. You just need to scan your gift card at the register.

8. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    They have a monopoly and so they don't focus on customer service that much, because they probably feel that they don't have to! In any case, Walmart to me is a necessary evil.