My Netflix Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cards538 • Jul 10, 2012.

1. cards538

cards538New Member

Threads:
    I got Netflix last month and I have to say that so far I love it! They have all kinds of TV shows and movies, including many that I watched as a kid. Right now I'm really into the Numb3rs series. I also love how cheap it is! 6 dollars a month is fantastic for all the shows and movies that you get access too. My only complaint is that the online version doesn't have many of the newer TV shows and movies such as Moneyball. Other than that, I think Netflix is great. Do you have Netflix? If so, tell me what you think about it.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Netflix when it first came out and it was mail only. It was great until they decided that I was watching too many movies per week and they tried to slow down the mail delivery of the new ones out. They had a class action suit brought against them and I reaped the benefits of that.

I later used their streaming through my game console, but to be honest, I didn't watch enough movies to keep paying, so I let it go. It is truly convenient if you do. However, if you have an Amazon Prime account, you can get pretty much the same service and for less that what Netflix charges over a year. Have you checked to see if the same choices are available to you through them?

3. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix is great, especially if you are looking to stream movies and TV shows. It's a LOT less than cable and many people use it to replace their traditional cable service. I personally love Netflix, but haven't broken my ties with Comcast yet because I still need them for Internet Access. Hulu is another great online resource for cheap television programming.

4. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Completely agreed. As Netflix and similar services get the rights to more and more TV shows and movies, cable will be a thing of the past. Netflix is a wonderful service (and even more wonderful when you can piggyback off of the benefits of someone else's account, which I know is a huge problem for them..), and it has revolutionized the DVD rental and home streaming industry at the expense of antiquated companies like Blockbuster.

5. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I no longer pay for cable BECAUSE of Netflix. All of my favorite TV Shows are on Netflix and Netflix constantly adds new seasons for streaming as they become available! I have a huge list of shows and movies I want to watch on Netflix and it will take me at least a year to watch everything I want to watch. The movie selection isn't terrific but it's fun to watch the occasional classic movie on there. I only pay for streaming on Netflix but I used to have the rental service which was meager in my opinion. By the time you get your DVD, watch it and ship it back out a week has past so to me the service just wasn't worth the money.

6. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Should I give up my cable for netflix?? :/ How do you guys handle all your news needs?

7. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    The down side is Netflix can be quite enjoyable, however the longer you have it the more the fun wears off. It's also aggravating how much stuff gets removed from Netflix, I feel like back when the service first started although there didn't seem to be nearly as many TV shows, now there are so many movies that are not available and posted. They used to have Tangled available for example and then it was removed. That is just one example of several great works that were taken off of Netflix. I suppose I wouldn't mind so much if there were some sort of information letting me know certain movies are available only for a certain period of time.

8. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:

You can get most of your news online. You can also spend about $15 and get a HD antenna for your TV that allows you to get all your local channels for free just like you used to with a regular antenna. My satellite contract expires in September and I will be dropping it because Netflix is just a better deal. I am also looking into Amazon Prime but Netflix is working fine for me so far.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    While I don't have Netflix because I know how to watch all my shows online, I have to agree that it has changed how people watch entertainment. Everything you could possibly need to stream is right there for under 10 bucks a month. Combine that with Hulu/iTunes and you've almost got cable beat. Though I don't see people entirely giving up cable for Netflix anytime soon.

Oh and as for news, almost everyone I know goes to read the local newspaper for, well, news or online to read articles. I prefer reading text for current events rather than having some guy in front of a green screen tell me.

10. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I agree with everything but the bolded statement. The one thing that has me keeping my cable service, and that Netflix will probably not be able to get in the near future, is sports. HD live sports and Sportscenter are two indispensable aspects of cable to me- if I had to forsake them in giving up cable for Netflix, my TV would be almost useless to me.. There needs to be considerable infrastructure change before reliable live HD streaming of sports is viable. Until then, Netflix is merely a wonderful supplement to my TV watching, and $9.99 is a worthwhile price!

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We are just not into watching movies all that much anymore so we never really considered getting Netflix. However, we do watch a ton of sports! It sounds like we will not be giving up on cable anytime soon.

12. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I was spoiled back in the good old days, when I started with Netflix, you could Stream and get dvd's mailed for just $8....Now you have to pay $8 for each individually, (blah) Streaming isn't my number one choice of viewing because I can only stream on my laptop or on my cell phone and getting one dvd at a time, (yeah I am not paying more than $8 a month) wasn't working for me....

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My brother has a Netflix account that he grants me access to. I use it mostly when I have caught up on my shows and such. I love using it when Im looking for something older that I can't find anywhere else. Netflix usually has it and most of the time I don't have to pay a charge to watch it because its old.

14. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    We've had Netflix for about 5 years now. At first I absolutely loved it and was singing their praises to everyone who'd listen. But with the two recent price increases, I switched from 3-out-at-a-time to just 1-out-at-a-time and the streaming. I do like their streaming to tv videos; although, their selections are somewhat limited. Once in a great while they'll throw in a pretty recent movie. We've been debating on whether or not to stay with them because we've recently started using Redbox, but even with them, there is very limited choices.

I will say that Netflix is really good with getting your next movies out to you within a couple days of mailing out the last.

15. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    Netflix, although it is currently online only and $8 in Canada, it's a great option. I'm currently absolutely addicted to a couple of series: Heroes, Breaking Bad and LOST. Anybody have some other suggestions of good TV shows on Netflix?

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like Netflix, but sometimes it's difficult to stream the shows. I need to get faster Internet, but I hope it does replace regular TV. I know they had a few problems with raising the prices on their monthly membership, but it's still cheaper than cable and satellite.

17. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,

Thanks for your review.

I should give it another try because I subscribed for the free trial 4 or 5 months ago and unsubscribed pretty fast because I couldn't find a lot to watch. It was alright for free but I didn't really want to pay for that. I read all your comments and it seems that I might have judge it a little fast.

18. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    Hey there!

Yes! I've had Netflix for nearly a year now and my family and I love every minute of it! I think I've watched over 10 series and unlimited number of movies. I think that it's great and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Plus, the fact that it goes with your interest makes it better. You will never be bored because you'd want to explore more and more series that you know you'd be interested in. My only complaint is that for $7 a month it's extremely limited. And if you wanted unlimited options in what they offer, it's a little more than double the price. I believe it's nearing $20? I think that maybe it's worth it, but just seems like too much if you're only watching about one series a month because they're exceptionally long.

19. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The Netflix service is relatively new for us, but now there OnVideo, a similar proposal by the Telefónica Group. This is a catalog of movies and TV shows online that can be accessed when you want from your TV (via a set-top-box), game console, cell phone or computer. All this in a free, just pay a flat fee of $ 8 ($ 9 in Argentina and Brazil). Therefore, consists of a distribution form legal and accepted by the industry, as opposed to Cuevana or sites like that.

I have a friend who hired him and tells me that the service is good. He used since day one. It is true that the catalog is still small compared to the Usa, but has a good assortment. Also specify that no films released within the last 2 months. The Spanish language is mostly Latino, there is little material subtitled. He used a ps3 with a Full HD tv and a tablet with android. It has a 3MB internet service and adapting to streaming bandwidth. Never before was cut, starts fast and is always fluid.

For $ 39 a month worth using. That costs an original DVD release. In my city, a movie ticket costs $ 40. The Saturday night we got together with friends and choose a movie from the catalog, they look great. ;)

20. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Most definitely! If you haven't started watching The Walking Dead, you will be hooked after the first episode. Neither my husband nor my daughter wanted to get into it, but I talked them into watching the first show with me on Netflix. Now they are both addicted to it and can't wait until season 3 starts this October. I'm afraid, though, that Netflix only has season 1, but I'll bet they'll have season 2 soon.