My Netflix Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cards538 • Jul 10, 2012.

1. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    I did the netflix free month, paid for 2 months after that, but found it to be useless. All the shows I wanted weren't available, and I couldn't find any good newer movies on there. I just found it to be a waste of money.

2. Kate0525

Kate0525New Member

Threads:
    I like Netflix but they recently almost doubled their monthly fee for the same service I was already getting. Streaming is great - and there is a lot of selection as far as TV shows go, but streaming movies is almost impossible as the choices are not great. The mail service is great and super speedy. They've been getting more new releases than I've seen in the past which makes me feel better. I just wish they didn't yank the price up by 80%.

Oh also, right around the price hike they couldn't manage to continue a contract with Starz and lost a bunch of good movies available via live stream. Anther blow.

3. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Completely agree!

Coming from Canada we get a pretty depressing selection of movies and shows compared to the states (when I was vacationing in NYC the selection seemed nearly double!) but I've never had qualms with paying the price. It's a fraction of what I'd spend on rentals or purchases before I subscribed. Not to mention they do carry a decent enough selection of foreign and independent titles that are difficult to track down at local rental places (or god forbid Blockbuster before it went under).

4. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I would LOVE it if Netflix would put the newer stuff on there. If I want to see older stuff, I can buy it on

, for $0.01. I really don't want to have to pay $17 a month or whatever to watch things that I can see for $0.01.

5. wickerbaskets

wickerbasketsNew Member

Threads:
    I like Netflix for the most part but I'm really not crazy about their menu system in the PC application. It is not categorized very efficiently and that makes finding movies very difficult. I usually end up logging onto the netflix website, logging in and then finding a movie through their website menus.

6. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I actually love Netflix and find it to be quite a good value. However, I can agree with a lot of the arguments made here. I really enjoy horror films, and within a few months I had already watched all the titles I had interest in. I find now they are very slow to add new or different titles. On the other hand, I have also been exposed to so many foreign titles and films I never would have found otherwise. But if you are willing to be open-minded, there are endless amounts of entertainment on there. In the future, I might consider eliminating cable altogether and just use Netflix, because it is ultimately much cheaper.

Furthermore, the library is an excellent place to find DVDs, if you don't have a large budget for entertainment. They even have new releases now and it is no cost to you, unless you are late to return.

7. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix , it's a great and is really handy for catching up on tv shows. I wouldn't get rid of cable, maybe the premium channels, I did do this. I'm not sure how the mail works, I only have the online and I don't have to many complaints with that.

It does take sometime for some shows and movies to be available. If you don't mind waiting, this may not be a problem for you. The instant que is the best feature. I love going through the movies and shows and adding them for quick locating to watch in the future.

8. AvalonX

AvalonXBanned

Threads:
    I too have had Netflix for years. To me its become the TV streaming service. The movie section for streaming in non existent and they actually remove movies from the streaming service all the time. For movies I do not recommend.

9. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    I have heard a lot of really nice things about Netflix, and was considering signing up for the trial to test it out. I was however really disappointed when I found out that it wasn't available in my country. Is it strictly a US only thing? Or is it just that my location isn't included on their list? Either way I unfortunately can't sign up for the service, but I wish you all the very best with it! :)

10. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I believe it's currently available in the US, 43 countries in Latin America and an online-streaming only version in Canada.

11. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestion sandooch! The description didn't really appeal to me at first but after just one episode I was HOOKED!

12. edensatombomb

edensatombombNew Member

Threads:
    I love net flix, but im really bummed they split their dvd and instant view packages. At first online viewing was free with the dvd package now you have to pay for both. Net flix has improved their online library since the switch so thats a major plus. I'm just not sure if its good enough to justifie the split.

13. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    It's less than half the price you say it is ($8.00 CAD).

Also you're not finding DVDs on Amazon for a cent. Try roughly 10 dollars minimum and usually more.

14. angelrose86

angelrose86New Member

Threads:
    I currently have Netflix it is a nice thing to have. I grew up in the 90's when kids cartoons and shows were cool and Netflix has a lot of them. Right now I can watch Rockos modern life on there, and the rugrats. I like on Netflix right now all of the doctor who's. The only thing of Netflix I don't like is that they jacked the price up with dvd and streaming. I used to have them both but cut down to streaming only.

15. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I really wish they'd stream more titles, but I know that takes money and negotiation. As it is, I sometimes feel like I'm watching Cinemax or something because most of the movies on there rate about two stars.

DVDs via mail are great, but, at times, it feels like I am paying Netflix to let a DVD sit on my coffee table for a month.

16. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I used Netflix and loved it as well. Because I had Netflix I purposely did not add a movie package to my Internet/Phone/Cable package when I moved. The DVDs always came within 1-2 days and anytime I had an issue or a damaged DVD it was replaced immediately with no problem. I would recommend to anyone. It is far cheaper than paying for an ON Demand Movie or going to the theater.

17. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    How I envy those who has access to netflix. Apparently netflix isn't accessible from my country, and I refuse to resort to proxy and stuffs like that just to risk watching shows online. It's nice to hear that it is a very good and reliable service though. I can recommend it to my friends living in Australia or Canada, if they haven't subscribed yet.

18. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    According to who?

A film's popular rating isn't exactly indicative of how good it is, not to mention there are simply more unknown or mid-tier films out there than memorable classics. For anyone wondering, Netflix has its fair share of the latter and a wide selection of very good movies as well.

It's amazing how many people are writing reviews without ever using the service...

19. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds as if Netflix is great for a person or family who watch a lot of movies. I have HBO and I don't watch as many movies there. As for other things, I like to channel surf to see what else is on. Specials and other things that would not be availanle otherwise. Thanks for all the great information.

20. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    If I were you I would get very basic cable... mainly local channels etc and then do netflix. This is what I was going to do but there was such a great deal to bundle internet and tv I ended up keeping cable with even more channels! LOL I absolutely hate cable sometimes. I love netflix since a couple of my favorite shows are on there and I love watching random movies I probably never would have otherwise watched.