My new Simmons Beautyrest bed

Discussion in Product Reviews started by APluckeyduck • Apr 1, 2013.

1. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a month, due to this pit that just mysteriously formed in the center of my bed. So with a constant backache and growing, tension headache I bit the bullet and invested in a new bed.

My World class Beautyrest by Simmons has got to be the best night's sleep that I have had in years. I got the super pillow top, in plush. It has the right support, as I do suffer from backaches, but has a nice cushion which is more comfortable for sleeping on my side. In fact, I noticed that my constant backache has virtually disappeared after sleeping on this bed for a week now.

My only complaint is that the memory foam does in fact gather heat from your body, but if you move it forces the heat to be pushed out through the sides of the mattress and then it feels cooler. Actually, I don't mind the heat as much because I'm normally cold and even sleep with a light blanket in the summer. Overall, I'd rate my Beautyrest a 9 out of 10 stars, because I'm sleeping like a baby these days!

2. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing a review of your new mattress. I've been curious about how memory foam would help me with my sleeping problems, too. I've only tried the displays at stores, and they feel comfortable enough, but I don't know how I would react to that kind of mattress if I were to sleep on it all night long. I've been using firm inner spring mattresses all my life, adding foam toppers or pads, but they help out my back only a little. I'll definitely consider a mattress like yours in the future.

3. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    You may not be sleeping on the right bed

I can relate. I always stuck with firm mattreses because that's all I knew, but honestly when I lie on my back, I can feel the memory foam conform to my back. By filling in that space in the arch of your back, that is how you get the most relief. The Beautyrest is an innerspring mattress with gel and memory foam added for comfort, which is probably the feel that you are attempting to create by using the topper. I don't sell mattresses, but I have certainly learned a lot before making this purchase. I personally don't care for an all foam mattress because I'm a little heavier than average and I prefer the support of an innerspring over the sinking feeling that I experienced with all foam mattresses. When/if your finances permit, I would definitely encourage you to do a bit of reseach. You just may find that you are not sleeping on the right bed for your needs.

4. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing OP, I really need a new bed so its nice to hear a honest review of one. Works out well too because I kind of have the same trouble as you, I'll do a bit more research but it looks like you're done a lot of the leg work for me. Thanks again and sleep tight! : )

5. Waektra

WaektraNew Member

Threads:
    I also experienced this...but already resolved

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I keep hearing really good things about the Simmons Beautyrest mattresses and would love to be able to get one but can't quite afford one yet. I am glad to hear that it has really helped with your back pain as that is something I have lived with for many years now. I think your post has convinced me that this is the mattress I need to invest in. Thanks for the share!

7. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I can certainly understand the cost, but I figured I deserve it and I used my income tax refund, so no credit ding. Plus, I have a 20 year warranty so the thing may out live me. But back pain is the worst, so even if you don't get the beautyrest try comparing a firm bed to a soft one, to see how you feel in different sleep positions because its possible that your bed may either be too hard or too soft and that may be contributing to the pain.

Sleep tight!

8. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more with you. I also have a Beautyrest by Simmons with the super plush pillow top. It is the best mattress! I even added a dual heated mattress pad to warm the bed and relax all my muscles before falling asleep. Bedtime has become one of my favorite times of the day. :D

However, there are times I will wake up with a backache. Its not because of the mattress, though. My two kids like to crawl in between my husband and I at night. They love the super softness too. I have considered getting them a feather mattress for their beds hoping it will keep them out of my bed, but I doubt that will work. That is okay, I am enjoying the cuddle time while they are still small.

9. beachwood

beachwoodNew Member

Threads:
    The Simmons Beauty Rest is a good bed and was my favorite bed until we got the "Sleep Number" Bed. Man oh man is that a comfortable bed. It is a combination air bed and memory foam layered bed. The bed is built with separate air "chambers" that you can customize to your liking depending on which side of the bed you sleep on. We had the Simmons Beauty Rest bed but are now sold on our new Sleep Number.