My New Weekly Shopping Method

Discussion in Online Shopping started by cluckeyo • Aug 9, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping is not my favorite thing to do. It kind of disrupts my week and I am trying to simplify in this area. Here are my new rules:
    1. I will only go to Sam's or Walmart on any weekly shopping day, but not both.
    2. If it is a Sam's day, I fill out my order online the day before so that it is ready and waiting for me at the front when I get there.
    3. If it is a Walmart day, I only buy the things that I absolutely have to get there, and I buy in bulk so I don't have to go as often.
    4. Most Walmart items, including groceries and any other household item, can be bought online and if you make a $50 dollar order it is free shipping. So I buy everything I can at Walmart.com to avoid having to go to the store.
    5. I shop at ALDI weekly and get the things we need to get us by to the next week.
    I am hoping that by making these changes, I will only have to buzz around the outer edges of the grocery area in Walmart and then get out of there!! Anything I can do to shorten my trip!

2. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    Well, it sounds like you've given it a lot of thought. I wonder if you can tell me, what is ALDI ? I did want to comment to that it's a great idea to NOT go in the store and shop in a traditional way if you don't have to. The impulse buying happens, and we end up spending more. It happens to all of us, they set up the store with that very thing in mind.

3. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    Well, women loves shopping, you may disobey the rules. In China online shopping offers quite awesome shopping experience, everything you can shop online, so more and more people do not willing to go to the supermarket.

Now even the supermarket has been moved online, shopping is very easy, select the daily things you want and place order, it will be shipped to your home the second day, it is a very convenient way.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well when it comes to saving money, a plan for your shopping is always a good idea. I am sure that it varies with each person, but I know that there are times when I need to limit myself, and the little things like having a plan to go to only one store, and not both, goes a long way in helping me curb my spending. I need to improve in this area, and so thank you for the little inspiration.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    This plan worked real well this week. Being the hot August summer, I really have no desire for being out in the car and going in and out of stores. I had my day really streamlined and it only took a couple of hours, including the drive time, which was considerable. I hope it continues to go this smoothly. My only mess up, was that I went the the self check-out line at Walmart and my machine was crashing every couple of minutes. I thought i would never get through checking out!