Myo Household Cleaners

Discussion in Home & Garden started by cluckeyo • Jun 5, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    A lot can be done with some vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, Dawn dish liquid, and the like. If you google "MYO toilet cleaner", for example, There will be lots of great recipes for making your own, out of inexpensive household ingredients. Some of these recipes are very, very good and have replaced my regular store bought items. It's worth checking into!

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I use vinegar a lot to clean my house. I love it for cleaning the tiles in my bathroom. I use it to clean the kitchen counters and stove top. It leaves my sinks sparkling clean. I love the fact that the vinegar deodorizes as well so all the smells are gone and when the vinegar smell is gone you do not have the lingering smells of other commericial cleaners. I buy several of the largest size jug vinegar in the fall. Vinegar always goes on sale during pickling season. It's a safe natural product to use around the house. When my kids were little I always felt good about not having cleaners around.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, vinegar is more versatile than people realize, and some people even wash their hair with it..or use it as a conditioner or whatever. I wrote an article once on 50 ways to use vinegar, and I was mentioning it to my friend, and she told me some additional uses for it, I wasn;t aware of. I don't have any right now, other than the Apple Cider kind. I guess I better go get some!

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    No doubt about it - apart from being way better from a health point of view - making your own household cleaning products from natural ingredients instead of buying commercially produced ones containing a vast amount of chemicals - is an excellent way of saving money - particularly as - not only are the majority quick, easy and very inexpensive to make - but also just as effective - if not better - than many of the more expensive commercially produced ones.

As for me - I've always used natural alternatives - not initially to save money - but because I'm allergic to many commercial cleaning products and detergents and although I've made many very effective variations of almost every type of natural cleaner over the years - from fabric softener, laundry detergent, oven cleaner to multi-purpose household cleaners and more - I now - apart from baking soda and lemon - mainly use - a multi-purpose liquid cleaner that I make using Soap Nuts - as not only is it real easy and cheap to make - but does a totally excellent job of cleaning just about everything imaginable in and around the house.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard about the good things vinegar and baking soda can do around the household and have even seen it demonstrated on some TV programs. I'd love to try it out, but my husband HATES the smell of vinegar and/or anything vinegar based. He can smell it a mile off, it's just weird LOL He feels it smells disgusting. So I'm wondering if there's anything I can use in place of vinegar.