Mystery Shopping

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kjonesm1 • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mystery shopping can be stressful with a family or with friends as you must wait to be asked things, ask specific questions and sometimes order specific dishes. It's not as easy as you think. An example would be to wait for the server to offer condiments and not ask for them. You must allow them to offer first and then ask. Basically if you don't let them offer then you fail the shop and you won't get paid.

I have had a few shops that were queried on very specific interactions, so please don't everyone think it's a jolly and easy all the time. I had a friend who was over the top once and wanted to order more things, when the instructions specify certain items (starter and main or main and dessert only) and again the shop can be refused if you did not adhere to the instructions.

2. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    I have done mystery shopping and it wasn't worth the gas money for me. I had to drive around to a lot of different grocery stores and when I figured what I made and what I spent on gas, it just didn't seem worth it. I didn't mind doing those but I didn't think it was worth it. Most of the stores were about a half hour away. I also got a lot of offers for car dealership shops. I did a few and didn't enjoy those. I think it depends on where you live. There are some areas where there are more stores available close by so you can hit a few at a time. If you do that you don't spend as much on gas and it would be worth it.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have read and heard a lot about the perks of mystery shopping. In fact, I have visited websites devoted to finding mystery shoppers. How does this work exactly?

4. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I have to say I never tried doing mystery shopping, it actually never crossed my mind. Thinking about it looks like a good idea which I might try in the near future. I'm not that sure I know how exactly it works though.