Nail Polish Brands

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Miaka_M • Oct 17, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I have a huge collection of nail polish that I use all the time and I noticed that I have a majority of one brand - Sally Hansen. I know that there are other brands like OPI and China Glaze, but I prefer Sally Hansen. I bought a silver OPI nail polish and a white Sally Hansen at the same time, a few months later my OPI dried out and it looks like a rock within a bottle now. The bottle was closed properly, so I have no idea how this happened. What nail polish brands do you recommend?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm very allergic to all nail polishes, so I can't usually use regular brands like OPI and China Glaze. Even though Essie gives me allergies too, I love that brand and I sometimes use it. Orly also makes good nail polishes.

3. sophianathan

sophianathanNew Member

Threads:
    I use OPI. I like the smell of the nail polishes. I have a huge collection of various colors of nail polishes.

4. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Zoya and Essie. I am surprised you haven't heard of either of these in the past actually! They are wonderful. Opi is also good but I think my favorite is Essie for sure.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Orly is a great product. But it's a bit pricey too. But they can hold for long time.

6. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    Revlon Colorstay nail polish is my absolute favorite for their formula. That line has true staying power, long wear with very minimal if any chipping. The color Bone is my go to color most of the time because its such a natural neutral look that goes with everything. I'd rate Orly my second favorite line for their variety of colors. The formula is ok. I've had Orly bottles that have stood the test of time as far as the consistency of the polish. Stay away from Cover Girls Outlast nail polish unless you want to feel frustrated. It's a horrible formula compared to Revlon.

7. CannibalCrayon

CannibalCrayonNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Essie nail polishes. I think it was the name that caught me at first (since it's pretty close to mine) but the color range is extensive and gorgeous and the price isn't too high. I also have this weird organizing OCD that makes storing round nail polish bottles incredibly irritating for me. Essie's bottle shape is square, so it all just kind of... fits together when you store them side-by-side, and I love that.

Given, I only have a few. My nail polish collection isn't very extensive. Though I enjoy painting my nails, the color tends to last only a day or two with how often I pick at them, so it becomes tedious to do them over and over again.
    Still, whenever I go looking to a drugstore or a Target I'll stop by the Essie polishes and give them a once-over.

8. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have a large collection of nail polish so I can't really say all of the brands that I have. I know that I have some from OPI, China Glaze, and Revlon. Over the past couple of months, I have become obssessed with nail polish. I am always buying new nail polish and painting my nails. I hate going to the salon so I do it from home. I am going to order a nail drill as well as the nail kit so I could start learning how to do nails professionally from home. Fake nails are better because once my nails reach a certain length, they break off. Sometimes, they break off really short and it looks crazy because the others are still long. So, I'd rather learn how to apply acryllic nails than to deal with that.

9. Kroon12

Kroon12New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing great information.

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of Sally Hansen. I feel like it is cheaper for a reason. Tends to lose its smoothness (get old) really quickly. Also tends to chip pretty bad.

I mean, lots of nail polishes chip. But generally I feel like Sally Hansen is on the low end of quality.

I'm a fan of both OPI and China Glaze, actually, and have notoriously found them at either beauty supply stores or JCPenny for great deals.

The one thing I hate about OPI though is that they tend to "retire" colors. So I find something I like but then a couple years later when I need to replace it, it's gone.

11. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used Opi, but lately I have been using Essie and Julep. These two are my favorites and they have the most beautiful colors to choose from. A LOT of colors at that! Essie polish is fairly expensive (about $7 for a small bottle), but the fun thing about Julep is that you can sign up for their Maven program where they will ship you a box of goodies each month. I think you have to pay for shipping and handling or something. But check it out! Kudos..

12. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i use Revlon and Lakme nail polish brand. it is amazing brand. it comes in a so many colors.