Nail Polish Sealed In Packaging

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sunshine • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now, but for the 3rd time I bought a nail polish from the Dollar Store (Dollar Tree) that was sealed in packaging ,so I could not try it before buying. It turns out to be some sort of cracking texturized polish that leaves tread looking marks in the polish, very weird and not cool for me. I'm so irritated because it's just money down the drain and the color would be nice if it wasn't for the weird fad texture thing.

Do you try your nail polishes before buying them? I'm starting to think they package polishes specifically so you can't try them and see they're not that desirable.

2. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    One nail product that I LOVE at Dollar Tree are Essie nail wraps. They're kind of like Jamberry, in that you can have awesome prints on your nails. They're basically fancy stickers that you cut to fit your nails.

Since they're only $1 each, it might be a worth a try if they sell them near you. I recently saw the exact same Essie nail stickers for sale at a department store for $12, so I was excited I'd gotten them much cheaper at Dollar Tree.

Other than that, I've never tried nail products from Dollar Tree.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cheap stores in my area do exactly the same thing. I can't work out why they bother to put it in those little packages at all - after all, wouldn't this just hike the costs up? I don't try the polish out before buying it but I do like to hold the bottle next to my finger so I can work out whether the color will suit me or not.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just buy the nail polishes at Walmart that come with regular bottles, but I see that a lot of bottles in the store have been opened and tried, so maybe people opening and using the bottles is a rampant problem and they package the nail polish to curb that behavior.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought them before and they have been fine. It's the same product, but they buy end of lines and pack everything for hygiene reasons. Even on beauty counters, you can only try the testers as once a bottle is open, it will begin to go off and they can't allow everyone to try it. It's a dollar after all, a huge saving on the retail price.

6. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    There's lots of good nail polish out there that is sold for 1.99 so I don't think it's a huge saving. Also I really can't help but think it's more for reasons that they don't want you to try it because it is not good. I am a bit of a nail polish addict and the worst nail polishes have been sealed. Even when you open it and just look at the color and consistency on the brush, you can tell a lot more about the polish then looking at it though the glass.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the ones with sealed packaging just because you know nobody opened and tried them before. When they are open for anyone to try, you have the up of being able to try it out, but the down of people having done that before you. Now only that is not clean, but it makes for nail polish that will get dried out and old faster!

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work on a beauty counter and without naming brands, some top names had dreadful nail polishes, but people bough them for the name. This is a little known fact, but most of the nail polishes are made by the same factory and just packaged differently. I used to work for a Japanese company and they were all made in France, like all the other brands.

Some will be better than others and a french manicure is always the one that you notice more, but he dollar store, Sally Hansen ones have been great for me.