Nail Polish

Discussion in Product Reviews started by love2loveu • Jun 4, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    What is a good brand of nail polish that last long...well at least a few days before the polish starts to chip?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't found a really good one in a very long time. Sally Hansen's nail polish was the best one I could find but I haven't seen it in awhile now. I need to see if I can find a local store that carries it. It usually lasted for at least a week if I used two coats. If I used three or four coats, it would last over two weeks. If you can find Sally Hansen's nail polish, give it a try.

3. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I really like Sally Henson, too. I like Essie, as well. The only polish that lasts me a long time is the one I put on my toes. Lasts for weeks if not longer! I guess you have to do the whole base coat, two or three coats of polish, and then top coat.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have a hard time getting nail polish to stay on for days. I've tried several types of nail polish. I have stopped wearing it on my fingers unless it's a special occasion during the holidays. I did remember liking this Sally Hansen top coat. It's an extra step, but it was the only thing I used that would make the nail polish last a little longer. I don't remember the exact one I used, it might have been the Diamond Shine one, but I'm not sure. I would check the reviews online to see if there's one that people recommend.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I actually have had horrible experiences with Sally Hansen. Personally I think the polishes are cheap, too many coats to get to an even color and they chip immediately. On the other hand O.P.I has an awesome collection and in my experience they don't chip as easily and just one coat gets you to an even coverage

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like O.P.I. nail polish. I've been cleaning like a demon for the past couple of days and my nail polish hasn't chipped from the scrubbing or chemicals.

Have you guys ever tried to make your own shades of nail polish? I saw a tip on Pinterest that you can mix some powdered eye shadow with clear nail polish and make some unique custom colors, plus it uses up cheap eye shadow that doesn't work very well.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great tip!!

I also like Sally Hansen's nail polish. It last pretty long for me. I have also used O.P.I., but it doesn't last very long.

8. JohnnyM

JohnnyMNew Member

Threads:
    I do not think any nail polish would last for more than a day.. if it does not chip, it gets a li'l dimmer. I think it also damages the nails to keep one nail color on for so long.. so should change it after one day

9. NikkiSplash

NikkiSplashNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that OPI is a really good brand of nail polish. It lasts relatively long and they have a great selection of colors. They always have a bunch of seasonal collections out as well as their regular line. I also really like Essie's nail polish. It's a salon brand, similar to OPI. Both of these brands run about 7 or 8 dollars a bottle, but if you go to TJ Maxx they are about half the price of Target and Walmart.

10. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Another vote for OPI. My manicurist used it on me and ever since I've been hooked. Love the pastel shades they come in and they do last longer than the other brands like Sally Hansen. I do however use Sally Hansen Diamond strength as a base coat though.

11. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    OPI Nail Lacquer Classics are THE BEST when it comes to long lasting nail color. You can be sure that it will last for at least a week without chipping. I too would definitely vote for OPI :) They've got some amazing shades and they're not that expensive.

12. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    honestly, avon.....i know i wouldn't have believed it myself if i hadn't tried it. Its actually pretty good and a great selection of colours.

13. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I really like Sally Hansen Salon Manicure. It's a complete basecoat, polish and topcoat in one. The applicator brush is nice and wide, which makes painting your nails even faster. And the polish lasts about a week without chippig with me. It's around $6 at Target, but totally worth it.

14. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find any satisfying naiil polish but Sally Hansen Salon Manicure is pretty good. In my case, it lasts about 4-5 days and still lokks fine. I was told that Rimmel products are durable but I haven't used them yet.

15. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have found Revlon to be great. I do quite a bit of gardening and cleaning and sometime don't even wear my gloves. I have found Revlon to work well for me.

16. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Just go to a good salon and get shellac. Your polish with last several weeks so it is certainly worth the cost.

17. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly for me the NYC cheap cosmetics offered in your local Duane Reade or CVS pharmacy works well for me. I can do my own nails and the polish doesn't chip as fast as when I go to the salon and use their OPI polish. I like NYC polish or Salley Hansen polish.

18. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, Sally Hansen's is the best nail polish out there. I used to just use their base coat until I found out that they made color nail polish too. I found a few colors I really liked. Although it was a bit pricey, it lasted a long time so it was worth it. I had gotten some nail polish from the dollar store before and I had bad luck with it. It barely even lasted the entire day before it started to chip. I used to like L.A. Colors but have noticed lately that the quality has changed so I am not sure if they have changed their formula or not.

19. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I don't believe that you should have to pay a lot in order to get nail polish that lasts. I use Sinful Colors nail polish and it lasts me for at least two weeks. They also have a broad range of colors that are good for any occasion or just for everyday wear.

20. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest Essie. The colours are fabulous. It lasts quite a while, especially if you use a top coat. And well, the price is okay for a long lasting product.