Nail Polish

Discussion in Product Reviews started by love2loveu • Jun 4, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Cover Girl and Sally Hansen and they are both nice products and I'm satisfied with how they color my nails. ;) Their prices are reasonable too.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw another cool nail polish tip on Pinterest. After you paint your nails, you can mix a little cornstarch into the clear top coat and it gives you matte nail polish. I think that's a pretty cool idea. Matte nails, why not?

[​IMG]

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like OPI and Sally Hansen :).

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to know the same i have yet to find a good one i heard the polish from Avon is good but haven't tried it yet

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love the matte polish tip! It looks so chic and classy. I need a long lasting polish too. I do not like the nail strips. The whole filing process freaks me out. I don't like nail filing in general. No thanks!

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love Sally Hansen, I love Avon too.. they stay for last long.. I think Avon's range of colors is so limited. Their metallic finishes aren't worth the money.. You get great products here for lower prices with better color and sheen.
    The matte finish looks like the suede finish on Avon's nail polish.. the corn starch top coat would be a cheap way to get that finish at a lesser cost. Thanks for the tip.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Seems like I am not the only one that goes through this issue with wanting to paint my nails and it chips hours later. We all seem to agree on on Sally Hansen. I have used her Diamond Collection and it lasted 4 days. I did 2 coats and a top coat. It is good. I haven't heard of Essie or Sinful Colors, so I will look those up.

8. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    *****Update, When I went to Walmart yesterday the first colors I saw was Sinful Colors Spring Collection and it was for $1.98 per bottle. They were so beautiful. I didn't grab me one because I was already over my budget. I have to say I loved the Sinful Colors, better than the Essie. They had a whole display of Sinful Colors, it was so tempting though. I know I will definitely get one since it was mentioned in the Forums and I will try it! I also went and looked for Essie and they had some nice colors, but I loved Sinful Colors, for their bright and bold colors.

9. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    The other day when I was at Walmart I fell in love with a shade of nail polish in a brand I'd never bought before, so I took a risk. It was Maybelline Color Show and I now love it. I put it on the day I got it and it's only chipped once, which is much better than most nail polish I buy. I bite my nails, so most nail polish is gone within a day or two. Not this one!

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend not to wear nail polish any longer. To be honest I really don't take the time to worry about manicuring my nails like I use to. However, in the best I have to say that Sally Hansen was a good brand of nail polish. Avon also has some good brands as well. These tend to last longer and don't seem to chip or fade like cheaper brands do.

11. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I have tried the whole gamut of nail polish brands and the most durable long lasting nail polish in my collection is by Revlon ColorStay. That nail polish stays to the point of my nails growing at the cuticle or until I'm ready for a color change. It does NOT chip unless under some extreme circumstance.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    What is the name of the color your fell in love with? I cannot wait to go back and look the all the colors that I saw in the Sinful Colors collection. I guess it is always nice to see what works best. I may go and get a tube from each selection that have been mentioned. I have on LA Colors right now, so usually it doesn't last as long, so I am waiting to see how long this will last.

13. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've always had problems with applying the nail polish to go on even and with Revlon its much easier for me plus it dries quite fast. With Sally Hansen and OPI it takes forever to dry and with a 1 year old you just don't have that option. What I do to prolong the life of the nail polish and prevent it from chipping is I add an extra thin layer of colorless nail polish. I then refresh that colorless layer every other day.

14. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I went into the Dollar Tree today and they have updated their nail polish. They had so many new spring colors. I couldn't resist. I saw that had Sinful Colors and I got a color called Dream On. It is a very bright purple. I would have gotten another one, but I said I wanted to see how it worked. I also purchased a Sally Hansen Instant Dri Orange and I love it, it is very thick and made me look like I have on acrylic nails. I got so many compliments on them Sunday when my husband and I went out.

15. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Sally Hansen and Revlon really lasts long and has a wide selection of colors. I especially love Sally Hansen's pastel colors. :) If you're low on budget why not try bobby or avon nail polish. They also works great on your nails. It's not drying and it does last long. :)

16. nailnice

nailniceMember

Threads:
    yeah, besides nail polish, I'd like apply some nail decoration on nails, as white bead chain, half pearl, strip tape, stud, that would be impressive than just wearing polish. I love that. :p

17. aiverson

aiversonNew Member

Threads:
    I love products like Essie and Sally Hansen but find them a bit too expensive to have a suitable amount of colour choice, but what I have found to work is the Wet n Wild megalast polishes, they come in stylish colours and have a fabulous brush to apply in fewer and cleaner coats, it is flat and rounded at the tip instead of round. And then to make it last the longest possible I first make sure to wrap the polish over the top of the nail, just on the upper edge which stops chipping and then I use the Sally Hansen ultra-wear clear coat which was expensive but worth every penny!

18. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I would also like to know this. I don't wear nail polish very often because I see it as a waste of time. It starts to chip the very day I put it on, no matter what the brand of the nail polish is. I will wear it for special occasions, but that is it.

On the other hand, when I paint my toenails, the nail polish lasts at least a week. I'm assuming it is because the only thing my toes touch are my socks. So in the summertime, I always paint my toenails.

19. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just use a clear and find NYC at dollar stores. It seems to last for days and really gives a nice look and finish. I see no reason to pay for a more expensive alternative when this works well and is quite inexpensive.

20. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend any nail polish by Sally Hansen! There are a plethora of different shades and colors available. I was a bit late to the party but I also found out that they make different patterns for nails also! The thing I love most about the Sally Hansen brand of nail polish is that it shines naturally and is a strong polish that stays on long but doesn't damage your natural nails. Give it a try!