Nail Polish

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tulosai • Jun 29, 2012.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    How much do you all spend on a bottle of nail polish? What inexpensive brands do you think work well?

I buy mostly Essie but I want to branch out because, even though it looks and works great, it is $8 per bottle. Any suggestions? And are there any colors you particularly love?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The only time in my life I ever bought nail polish, it was the kind that they sell for $1 at the local beauty supply shop. I don't remember what the name brand was, but it was cheap, and did the job. I don't use nail polish anymore though. I find that if I keep them clipped, and keep them shiny with some moisturizer, I don't need to use a color.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't buy a brand of nail polish. I shop by color. I do tend to favor Sally Hanson's because it makes my nail stronger. They also have a wonderful shade of true red nail polish. It's a red without a bit of orange in it.

4. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I normally wear acrylic nails with a french tip which is perfect for summer. In winter though, I like a bit of color and I also tend to favor Essie. Although they aren't the cheapest brand around, I absolutely adore their color range. This winter the trend is towards the metallics or dark colors, such as deep burgundy, purples or greys. These colors look absolutely fabulous on short nails. The advantage of acrylic nails is that it doesn't matter what brand you buy, cheap or expensive, the nail polish doesn't chip and stays on till you decide to remove it.

5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really spend on nail polish. I rarely even use it. I usually just borrow a bit from my mom, and if I were to ever use any, I just use the clear one. I really don't like painting my nails.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I also do not really buy nail polish anymore. I just have them buffed for a natural glow. I became a bit concerned when I heard that some nail polish contained some dodgy ingredients which can be absorbed by the nails. However, if one wears a good nail polish, I am sure it is okay. I am just wary and more than a bit boring I guess.

Generally I admire almost all colors that friends of mine wear...I see that it tends to mirror their feelings. In that way it is pretty cool.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't buy nail polish much any more either. When I did, I rarely spent much on the color itself. So I'd buy cheap polish for $1-3, but then would buy a quality top coat polish/sealer so it wouldn't peel or crack like cheap polish often does.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You ladies are kind of making me want to go back to painting my nails, haha!

9. Jessi

Threads:
    For anybody who is looking for cheap deals on nail polish or classic, if you are really considering getting back into it, check this out:

A little over a buck for a bottle? It's not even the really crappy kind of polish that sells for a buck normally anyway, lol.

10. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I'll also go for essie or Opi. I have tried brucci and SH, they're also ok and cheaper. I'm into pastel colored and matted nail polish lately, i love the fresh summery feel on my nails. Have you tried caviar on your nails? Been trying the marbled nail polish using water but i haven't perfected it yet.

11. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I like all sorts of nail polish. I like OPI, Zoya, China Glaze and Sally Hansen. I haven't tried Essie yet but I heard it's good. I wonder if it has a nice brown-purple-taupe color. :|

12. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    I use ELF (Eyes Lips Face) nail polish. they have my favorite color (Fair pink) and cost 2 $ each. The only problem is that it is really not a great quality at all.

13. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I will have to admit that I don't spend a lot on nail polish. Generally, I spend $5 or less at the local drugstore for my nail polish. I have never bought one of the Opi or other high end brands, though I love the way they look. I just don;t have the time or commitment to spend on proper nail care to warrant the use of such expensive polishes. Plus, I am a terrible polisher...so half of it would be in the garbage can after I remove it.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I will only spend about $6 on nail polish and that is expensive for me other words I will spend $1 on it if I can find the right color. I only like pearl nail polish but sometimes I change to a color like a dark berry or something, but I love the way pearl nail polish looks on my nails, so I am the old fashion one that say, if it fits why fix it? So that's me for now until I find something that I want to try and it looks nice.

15. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    I will only spend about less than a dollar on nail polish. I usually buy extremely small bottles as I am not into changing the nail paint very often. Many a times, I have not painted my nails & in that situation the nail polish has dried up. I don't really go for brands but usually buy from a shop that keeps authentic stuff.

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I go to the drugstore to buy my nail polish and I prefer the inexpensive ones. There are good brands less than $5! I love coloring my nails occasionally but not really on a regular basis because I play the guitar.

17. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have never spent a lot of money on nail polish. I love my LA Colors, I like my Sally Hansen. When I lived with my mother I use to use her everything, perfume, body wash, and nail polish. When I got married, I had to start my own collection. I loved going to the Dollar Tree and Family Dollar and upgraded my collection. LA Colors have some great colors and they last. I have found my favorite which is Sally Hansen Diamond. If you never used Sally Hansen Diamond, try it, they have it at Walmart, it is like $2.50 per bottle.

18. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I will spend a fair amount on OPI nail polish and any top coat that is actually quality and gives your nail color, that salon shine! What I like about OPI polish is that whether or not you have a great topcoat, the color hardly ever chips, and it shines for about a week. I just bought a mint green polish by them and so far, it has held up for a week, no chips!

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, essie and Opi are the top nail polish brand in my opinion. I also love how often they come out with new collections.
    The quality is very high and I feel that when I use a top coat on their nail polishes, it usually stays on for a very long time such as 2 weeks or more. I don't think I will ever stop buying their nail polish!

20. Jessi

Threads:
    I only have two complaints with ELF nail polish and one of them is a pretty easy fix.

1. It's usually too thick. I end up thinning mine down with a little bit of nail polish remover right in the bottle.

2. The brushes are too thick. I have used brushes from other bottles to fix this before, but it's not really convenient at all.