Name A City You'd Like To Get Lost In

Discussion in Travel started by angelicagapit • Jan 22, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    That's neat. Yeah, I guess I would have to go to those places with a companion just to make sure my "touring around the city" would not lead to any fatal incident. I have to agree with Singapore. I would love to go there too someday, and the crime rate is quite low so I think I'll be safe and sound.

Thanks for the information!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Japan, probably Osaka or Hokkaido. For one thing Japanese people are quite friendly and it's generally quite safe so you wouldn't really be in any real danger if you were lost. Europe actually has a pretty high crime rate so I wouldn't want to get lost there despite the many attractions.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Prague, Berlin or Leipzig. Pretty cities, especially at night. And I never have to get lsot thanks to my phone 8D

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to get lost in Paris. I do believe that there is nothing better then Paris. The beauty of the city can make any person get lost in the city. It is really beautiful.

5. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to get lost in Alexandria, Egypt. I am still yet to go there but from what i imagine it is a magical, mystical place that evokes all kinds of dreams and ideas in my mind.

Alexandria was founded by Alexander the great and is the second largest city in Egypt after Cairo. It was famous for the lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. It is a major centre of international shipping and home to many historic buildings and temples. I hope it will live up to my expectations and be as magical as i imagine.

6. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I would say I just want to be lost in Las Vegas. Which is my favourite one travel destination. LA offers plenty of mesmerizing attractions where I just feel awesome and forget about everything.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Tokyo, probably. That or Venice. Japan seems like such a friendly and exciting country. The people seem really friendly and Tokyo seems really vibrant and happening. I don't think it's dangerous for an American to get lost there. So that's probably where I would choose. Somewhere where I wouldn't have to worry about losing my life if I took a wrong turn and got lost.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    gmckee1985! Tokyo is from my favourite one travel desalination. I visited there for once during the Cherry blossom festival. Which was a lovely and most remarkable one experiencing of my life. Yeah peoples were also really friends with us. I don't have any idea about how it does look in normal days, but yeah, I would love to lost in Tokyo during the Cherry Blossom Festival.

9. Amit Shir

Amit ShirNew Member

Threads:
    With no doubt I say Cairo, which is also filled with museums, cinemas, clubs, restaurants and everything else an international trading city boasts. As always, it's nice to go up to the top of something tall like the Cairo Tower (185 meters) and take a few pictures. Memory has a way of making us remember the good times and push back those that were not so good. Cairo had plenty of both and for it I want to thank Mantis Tourism & Attractions for giving me the opportunity to experience the both sides.

10. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that great Amit Shir..!! I just love exploring such destinations. But i haven't get any chance to explore Cario yet. But after reading your post i am keen to know about it's attractions.:)

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to get lost on a Greek island and disappear forever into a little idyllic village in the hills overlooking the ocean. I know that I would feel no need at all to return to civilization, as I have dreamed about this scenario endless times. I am tired of cities and crowds. I am tired of multi-national corporations and the modern way of life. I hope that soon the time will come when I can lose myself in a totally different world... an ancient one.

12. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I'm even imagining myself now... I guess the place I'd like to get lost in is NY. I imagine myself in very casual clothing, sunglasses covering my eyes, not having a single idea of my whereabouts... then I decide to sit on some stairs, lighting up a cigarette and enjoying the skyscrappers' height with some chill music. Man... I might do this very soon!

13. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    My first time traveling outside of America, I got lost in Helsinki, Finland for about 3 hours. I loved every minute of it! Just wandering around, not exactly trying to find my way back on track, but just experiencing the culture and spectacular views. I was aware that I had absolutely no idea where I was but I was content. Now once I realized my phone was dying, I decided to try and figure out how to get back to my hotel.

I would love to get lost in Helsinki again but unfortunately (well, in a way!) I think I know the city enough without getting lost now. But put me anywhere else if Finland, and it'll be my pleasure to get lost once again! I have a strong sense of direction so I'd feel pretty confident to find my way back on track. To me, the coolest part of getting lost is the freedom your mind allows. While assuring you are safe, just roam freely and enjoy the world.

14. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    I feel a panic attack coming on just thinking about getting lost in a city, especially if I was alone.

I would probably pick Paris though, I feel safer their than other cities iv visited.

I love your description haha right down to your clothing and cigarette, brilliant!

#34Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  15. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't been on a trip outside my country, and because of all the movies, pictures and such taken at New York City, I dreamed of going there someday. If I'll be able to go there, I don't mind getting lost at all! I would like to enjoy the city in an unconventional way. In that way the trip would be more meaningful.

16. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I'd like to get lost in Singapore, Tokyo, and Seoul. I like urban places for the sights and the cool features. Of course, I can get to interact with foreigners too. One weird reason why I like to get lost in high-end cities is because I know that in hotels and malls, they have nice restrooms, and I like a restroom to be clean, pleasant, and have an adequate water supply.

17. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    I would love to get lost in London. The culture just seems so interesting with so much do experience and do. The shopping and stores seem unique while catering to a wide audience; it seems like you can really get into anything in London. I always have issues going to a city that speaks a different language... obviously everyone does, but I'm bad at communicating across the a language difference. It seems like music thrives in London too, which is appealing for me as I love to go to concerts.

18. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Canada for Bnaff National parks, I am huge fan of nature beauty. Nature beauty appeals me a lot and Bnaff national park is from one of them, where i actually lost in nature viewing. Actually there is not a single place, where i wanna lost because world offers us number of such spots.
    maligne-lake-canada1-880x589.

19. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to get lost in all of Europe as well, but it is not exactly a country, despite the European Union :). Europe is an entire continent, within it I would want to get lost in France, Italy and Greece. Do I have to choose one? In that case I would narrow it down to the lovely city of Paris, France. Amazing food and sites where ever you turn. I think Tuscany would be my second choice.

20. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Guys, I would love to lost in Rome or the Maldives, Both of these are my most favorite cities to explore, I just love love top visit the place so much, and also both of the cities are the cities of lights, i just always love to explore them a lot. These are just filled with many of the awesome sort of attractions and natural places around.