Nathan For You - Best & Overlooked Comedy Show

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Jul 31, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just wanted to share this show with you guys because I don't think it's getting as much attention and discussion as it deserves. I find it very smart and while the theme does kind of get a bit naughty at times, it never gets crass.

The premise is that Nathan, an average man, helps struggling businesses by means of his very unique ideas.

I encourage everyone here to seek out full episodes of this show and please do discuss it here and keep this thread bumped if you feel the show deserves attention like I do. Do also try and share this with your friends and help drum up some discussion elsewhere too if you can because I love this show so much that I hope it doesn't end up getting cancelled.

Here are some clips, and if there are any fellow fans, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as well and please also share some of your own favorite segments.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NokqcStkUyg[/video]
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rgzsO-AMM[/video]

#1Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this show, but I am willing to check it out. I am always looking for new shows to watch because a lot of the shows I watch get inexplicably canceled.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Glad you fund my recommendation useful! I hope you like it as the show is still kind of underground and I'm really hoping it would take off so it doesn't get cancelled early like most other great shows that fail to get recognition. If you end up liking it please consider telling your friends about it so they get some added publicity. I think the humor is good enough that it will be liked by a broad audience since like I said it's not very crass but still very fresh and modern, in my opinion. Anyway here is another new clip from one of their recent episodes.

[video=youtube_share;SBzW1xUjwew]http://youtu.be/SBzW1xUjwew[/video]

#3Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The genius of this show, is that the whole thing's one big prank. Nathan Fielder is a professional comedy writer from Canada. He comes up with horrible business ideas as a joke, and business owners try these ideas because they believe that Nathan for You is a show that actually helps businesses. Throughout the pranks, Nathan's demeanor is deadly serious and a bit awkward. Sometimes, the show has the side effect of those businesses actually getting more business. A couple of his pranks for the show went viral and got national media attention, but were debunked as hoaxes. This show is comedy gold. I love it.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was delighted to see Nathan Fielder on an episode of The League. In a way, he's the reason that Rafi is such an insane, depraved guy, because Nathan is the guy who fell on Rafi's family.