Natural Blackhead Remover

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by MoniqueSeibel • Aug 16, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I was watching The Doctors the other day and they said mixing 1 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp of glycerin and heating it up for 10 seconds created a natural blackhead remover you just peel off. You leave it on for 15 minutes. Has anyone tried this?

If not, does anyone recommend any other way of removing blackheads? I prefer natural methods. I've tried to store-bought strips and a few products for very minimal to no real results.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Never tired the glycerin and milk method, but have tried those nose strips with no success really. I get my extractions the traditional way by steaming and removal, or at the time of getting my dermabrasion treatment done every month.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    OMG thanks for this! I have been having problems about my blackheads and I'm tired of using those peel offs that don't really work for me. They even cause my skin to irritate! I'm definitely going to try this!

4. pk86

pk86New Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried that mix... I have tried the milk and gelatin (instead of milk and glycerin). My blackheads are stubborn so not very many were removed, but it did do a decent job at cleaning out my pores of other stuff. It's supposed to be like the pore strips (which work for me) but for your whole face.. The mix is 1 tablespoon of UNFLAVORED gelatin and 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk. The amount of milk depends on how thick you want your mix so add more if it's too thick. You microwave for about 10 seconds, apply, and then wait for it to harden so you can peel.

5. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    You may not have blackheads, if you have a LOT of them. You probably have pronounced and oxidized

. I have these, and they look like blackheads, but they're too even and regular. And yeah, when you squeeze them, a whole bunch of gunk comes out, but that's generally just oxidized whatever's-in-sebaceous-filaments. Nothing bad for you.

6. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    This is something that I learned while I was reading an article on the internet. I applied it on my face & it worked. Take a soft toothbrush & pour a small amount of lemon juice on it. Make sure you dedicate a brush for this & not use your old ones. Along with lemon juice add a drop or two of skin friendly oil like jojoba, tamanu, or neem.Very gently scrub your blackhead areas with the head of your toothbrush. Rinse with water. Just do this gently.
    I do this once in two weeks.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Just where can one get glycerin?
    I use garnier natural product that I can put on my face that I will have to peel off after minutes.

8. Nakhash

NakhashMember

Threads:
    Take a potato and cut in half. Gently rub the raw side over the area. It lightens and dark heads and softens and loosens them. If you're really industrious (and it does work a bit better this way) grate some potato and apply like a mask. Lie back and let it stay on for a bit.

A good one for acne is egg yolks. Make a mask and let it dry then wash off. The sulfur in the yolks help fight the acne and the protein benefits the skin.

To make a mask to tighten pores and fight oil, use the egg whites beaten with a little lemon juice. Apply and let dry then rinse off.

For damaged, dried out skin from sun and wind, take some Vaseline and gently heat until liquid. Be careful that it's not too hot! Apply to face leave on for a bit. Then wash as usual.

Sugar and olive oil paste makes a great scrub and is gentle.

9. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of sebaceous filaments and I definitely have them. Makes me feel better about 10 whiteheads instead of the 100 blackheads I thought I had!

Considering how cheap and easy this natural blackhead remover seems to be, I think I'll try it. I use Biore Pore Strips occasionally and my skin feels so dry and irritated after I remove it. Also, the strip never wants to stay on the most important part of my nose: the tip and the areas underneath.

10. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for posting this thread, I have a ton of blackheads and no remedy I have tried in the past worked. I will try this remedy and hope that it works. I really need to find a way to remove the blackheads I have.

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks everyone! Some interesting ideas, especially the potato one. I have heard about the lemon juice idea before, but I was a little concerned about it drying the skin out a bit. At least blackheads, I can easily cover with foundation, but when my skin is dry and peeling it is too frustrating to wear any makeup. I'm having this issue already with a acne cream, it dries out the pimple really well, but then my skin is left so dry, even after I put on heaps of moisturizer.

12. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I experience that as well! I find that it helps to rub the dry skin off gently while you're in a warm bath or shower, or right after. I always rub the dry skin off my lips during a shower. As for specific spots on your face, you can use a cotton swab to rub some of the dry skin off, of course being careful not to remove a scab before it's ready.