Natural Calm Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Heather B • Mar 29, 2015.

1. Heather B

Heather BNew Member

Threads:
    Natrual calm is a effervescent magnesium supplement drink that comes in a variety of flavors including cherry, lemon, raspberry-lemon, orange, and unflavored. You can buy a variety pack that has those five flavors in individual serving sizes to try, or you can buy larger containers. Each serving of Natural Calm has 325mg of magnesium. According to the nutritional information box on the container that is about 58% of the daily recommended value. Magnesium has been shown to help reduce stress levels, ease bloating and constipation, help muscle cramping and restless legs, and help with insomnia.

So far I have tried the cherry, lemon, and orange. I have been pleasantly surprised by the taste. You place the contents in a glass of cold water and stir it up. My mother has also tried it, and she said she thinks it needs a little sweetener, but I think it tastes just fine the way it is. I have generalized anxiety, and I do notice that I feel a little more calm after taking this. The main reason I bought this is because I read that magnesium could help with migraine headaches, which I have been having for over a month now. I finally got a shot the other day that helped stop the headache, but I'm going to continue taking the Natural Calm daily to help with them and my stress levels. I give Natural Calm a big thumbs up!

You can find Natural Calm online or in health food stores.

2. debbie24

debbie24New Member

Threads:
    Natural Calm contains "MSG" or "free glutamic acid"(excitotoxins) in significant amounts because it contains factory created "citrate"(from citric acid that is made from corn, usually GMO) that is bound to the magnesium. The symptoms of excitotoxicity can be anything from a headache, weird inebriation, depression, anxiety, digestive issues, zombie-feeling, brain fog, ADD-like symptoms, hyperactivity, muscle aching, restless legs, slurred speech ect. The list goes on. Sometimes a reaction takes 24 hours to even show up, even more. Some symptoms show up 1-4 hours later but the worst don't start till a day or 2 later.

MSG is one of the most consumed industrial toxins known to man right now, it's in all processed food, most vitamins, most sodas, all fast food, most restaurants you eat at.

Large quantities of CONCENTRATED amino acids like factory created L-glutamate can be deadly to the brain and cause over 80+ symptoms that are hard to track. Research "excitotoxins" on google.

I stopped taking my magnesium supplement too because it contained Magnesium Citrate as well as Magnesium Chelate and Magnesium Malate which I don't know anything about. While taking it I felt very "off" and it felt like my brain was being inebriated, kinda dysphoric, my muscles were tense and achy.

I would use another source of magnesium. I am not sure which the best is and which don't also contain glutamate. You also want to avoid Magnesium Glutamate and Magnesium Aspartate. Both are excitotoxic just like Magnesium Citrate.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I am just curious, is this specific product located in any of the various GNC's that are around the US? And what is the exact amount of MSG that is contained inside of this product? Is it enough to do damage to anyone?

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Low magnesium can trigger seizures in epileptics. Low potassium can as well, but not as often. I have juvenile myoconic epilepsy. This sounds like something I might get some use out of. Anything I can do to try to prevent a seizure is worth looking into, for sure. Thank you!