Natural Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rosyrain • Apr 2, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    As prices on food continue to increase, and because I am becoming a more health conscious consumer, I am avoiding processed foods and am starting to buy natural ingredients that I can spice up and turn into delicious meals.

The other day I made mashed potatoes because I bought a 10 pound bag of russet potatoes on sale for $1. I then steamed up some mixed veggies with butter and made chicken breasts with herbs and spices. The whole meal was super cheap to make and the family devoured it.

How are all of you cooking these days?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also go for natural and fresh food ingredients. With mashed potato, I used to buy the ready-to-cook sometimes but now I prefer the fresh potatoes even if it it laborious to make mashed potato. You get 2 benefits when you are using fresh ingredients - first is the quality that you are using fresh raw materials and second is the cost because processed food is naturally more expensive.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Our place has a great supply of vegetables. You can find them in a bounty during our market day. These natural grown foods are produced in the mountain. They are natural taken cared of, without any chemicals or preservatives when they are brought to the market.

The prices are good enough for the benefits which these plants, fruits, and root crops could offer. Our farmers know much what health benefits could their veggies for sale to give to the consumers.

As I write this thread, I have just finished my lunch of broiled fish with cauliflower and cabbage. I eat it while it is hot. I enjoy or relish such natural food. I am perspiring. I just eat enough cooked rice to make my stomach full.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My mum usually does the cooking and I will accompany her in grocery shopping most of the times. From what I saw is that my mum will always go for natural food and she buys it directly from the vendor every Friday in Farmer's market at my place. They will bring all fresh vegetables and fruits and purely organic.The price will also be reasonable and she doesn't mind even if it is costly. Why compromise on quality for the money?

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think a great way to save on this issue is to put a lot of healthy and fresh foods on the list. Avoid buying ready foods and fast foods can help too because they don't bring any benefits to our health/life (besides most of them are always very expensive in comparisons with other foods).

It's not easy to do food re-education, but: our health or our pocket can force us to do that. :D

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    As you get older I think its a good choice for cleaner eating,and I am trying to eat more whole foods like vegetables,fruits and whole grains. Also I would like to cut all the pesticides,and additives out of my food ,as well as sugar and salt. I'm trying to limit refined foods,and eat more organic as well.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even look at prices of food before I make sure the bulk of my food are natural not one with additives. Apart from the fact that natural foods are cheaper in the market they come fresher and healthier. These days I buy less of canned tomato, get more of the natural seed tomato for my stew. The food taste more natural and can stay for a longer time looking fresh

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I just still cannot understand why the things have to be so much more expensive, but it seems that this is changing, at least a little bit. They used to be more, but still it makes a big difference for me.