Natural Hair Care- No Poo/coconut Oil

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Anna D. • Aug 24, 2015.

1. Anna D.

Anna D.New Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone!

I'm trying to start living a life of ONLY natural things: remedies, beauty and hair care, foods, etc.

I've been doing a lot of research on the "No Poo" method and the uses of coconut oil with skin and hair care and have heard a lot of different stuff! A little background on my current routine and hair:

I'm 100% Italian so I have oily hair. At this point in my life I can go about 3 days on one wash, but have to wash more often the longer I use one specific shampoo/conditioner. Even though I have oily hair, I get pretty bad dandruff which is not something I've had to deal with in a few years (I think it's the weather). I also only use shampoo in my scalp and only conditioner in my ends.

I've been considering switching completely to the "no poo" method and do a coconut oil mask once a week or so. I wanted to know how often I should do the NP method and how often to do the CO mask? Should I do the baking soda and Apple cider vinegar method or is there a better one for my hair? If I don't use the NP method every time I wash my hair what should I use?

I'm also up for other natural hair care ideas anyone is willing to share, thank you for reading!