Natural Makeup options?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Kaybee517 • Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    With all the parabens and chemicals found in makeup and lipsticks, I was wondering if there is a makeup line that uses natural ingredients and safer for the skin? Does anyone use a makeup line that's all natural? I've heard of Bare Minerals, but haven't checked it out for myself.

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I personally love the makeup from

. It's pretty expensive, but all the makeup is natural and pigmented with fruit dyes.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious about this as well. I will keep checking back to this thread to see the answers that people give you. I don't know of any natural makeups, sorry:(

I have used Bare Minerals face powder, found it to be a bit dry (but if your face is sufficiently moisturized (mine wasn't at the time) then the product should work fine). I only used it a couple of times because I'm not a face powder girl.

That was about 5 years ago. I still have the powder although I don't use it anymore. I think that Bare Minerals is a good product. The other day on QVC, they were selling a set of Bare Minerals eye shadows. Gorgeous. SO delicious looking, very pigmented.

4. sinayat3

sinayat3New Member

Threads:
    I've been using Bare Minerals for almost 10 years now. They say you can even sleep with it on and it will actually improve your skin. I haven't done that yet, but I can definitely tell you that my skin has cleared up and improved immensely since I started using it. When I first started using it, it only took about a week for my skin to clear up, so I highly recommend it. I also recently started using Luminess Air, which also uses natural makeup, but getting the whole package is pretty expensive. Once you get everything though, you only use a tiny amount of the product so it lasts a long time and is reasonably priced. Of course since it's air brush makeup, it looks the best out of everything I've used so far and it stays on all day without coming off easily which is good because my skin is oily. I alternate between the two, but if you don't have the money for Luminess Air, I would try one of the introductory kits from Bare Minerals. Usually they have specials going on where they give you a kit to try for pretty cheap so you can decide if it works for you or not.

5. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    Thanks for posting this, I used to get some really nice organic natural make up, but I can't get hold of it any more so have been looking out for something else. It's hard to find anything that isn't full of loads of chemicals, but that also looks good too!

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Reading this makes me want to buy another Bare Minerals kit and use it. Perhaps I'll just locate my old one and see if the face powder is still good.

Also glad you wrote about Luminess Air. I have been considering buying one. Although I have seen the infomercial many times, it's good to hear a more personal account of what a product can do. Luminess Air looks like it works wonders. I may have to invest in one for myself for Christmas.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Glad you raised this question. I have also wondered about this so much and recently this has been high on my mind. I have heard about the Bare minerals but have never tried this before or for that matter Luminess Air. I will have to read some reviews on mineral make up and how they do have some negative impact... I will have to read some more to really be sure... but this article may help

take a look..

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I also recommend Bare Minerals. Even the Avon version of it, which I used for quite sometime. Not only did it give me great coverage, but it also improved the quality of my skin. How many makeups can actually do that? I also can recommend the natural make up line by Jerome Alexander, which I am currently using. Another good makeup line that allows your skin to breath and gives you good coverage.

9. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    you can do makeup with food colors then :)