Natural Screens

Discussion in Home & Garden started by hayrake • Mar 11, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    We've got a double row of cypress trees up one side of our yard. It hides the view of our little garden spot from The House, and it hides the view of the house from the church next door. Not the church is "right" next door. There is a large pasture between, but nothing to obstruct the view other than the cypress trees.
    The trees are pretty old now and have gotten to be really too big for where they are. They not only hide our garden spot from us, but they shade it as well. I don't know if we'll do it soon, in the spring, or if we'll wait until fall, but we need to cut those suckers down and plant something else in their place.
    Any suggestions on a fast growing natural screen that won't tend to get out of hand with a minimum of care?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I think the cost would be the primary concern for me. I've heard that it is not cheap to have trees cut down and removed off the property. My son lives in Atlanta, GA and has tall pine trees that line his driveway and is planning to have them removed. I was shocked at how much it would cost him to have it done per tree.

Have you thought of having the cyprus trees cut back instead of cutting down, or is it just the goal to remove the trees altogether? I'm all for saving trees.