Natural Ways To Keep Your Teeth Pearly White Or Restore Them

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Kieranlewix • Nov 20, 2017.

1. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    It is common knowledge that lack of proper care to teeth can cause them to change color to yellow or brown. What most of us don't know is that yellowing of teeth does not necessarily mean that you are not taking good care of them. Most of the things we eat and drink directly affect our teeth color. The enamel gets stained when we eat. Some foods stain the enamel more than others, while some actually work on the enamel to give you that white color you crave. Crispy fruits like apples are such foods that will do your teeth a lot of good. They are abrasive which means they will polish the enamel to remove stains.

For some of us who have noticed a change in color of our teeth, we need a more hands-on approach. Baking soda and lemon juice make a mean mix to restore white color to the enamel. When they are mixed, they form a paste which you can apply to teeth and brush thoroughly with a toothbrush. Needless to say, this method may be harmful to your teeth if used too regularly because the abrasive effect may damage your enamel. The baking soda(sodium bicarbonate) is responsible for removing stains while the lemon juice(citric acid) gives the teeth a bleaching effect. Instead of spending those big bucks on doctors' appointments, give this homemade remedies a try.

Do you have any methods of your own to keep your teeth sparkling?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Like what you said that natural methods can be harmful to our enamel, then I guess it would be better to use those commercial teeth whitening strips instead, at least they are much safer even if they're more expensive.

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    From what I came across, brushing your teeth with salt can definitely help you with keeping your teeth nice and white. Other than that, I suggest brushing your teeth after every meal, using floss as well as a bit of mouth wash. Try to look for some good sales on them at your local store or online.

4. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I tried baking soda for two months and it was pathetic. I couldn't stand the increased teeth sensitivity. Some natural methods can work, but others can ruin the teeth. Some can also work with some people, but fail to work for other peopl. It is important thertefore to give it a small test first, if it works well without side effects, then we can opt for it.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will try salt and see if it works. I love teeth staining things like coffee and tea, so I need to have this information. I will research it first and see if it's safe for my teeth to brush with teeth. I hope salt works for it's quite cheap when salt goes on sale. I hope this works, so I can have nice white teeth always. Thanks for posting about it.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a good thing to keep in mind. I am glad you added the precautions in there because that amount of acid would seem a little risky, but at this point so is spending hundred on things that might not work at all.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have several toothpaste adverts that promise making one's teeth sparkling white after usage, and how foolish of me, I actually tried out some and had no positive results. Although my teeth ain't that yellowish nor too white, but I needed it to beam white when I open up my mouth. Someone suggested baking soda but I'm not sure how effective that would be.

8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Did you know that yellow teeth are considered to be stronger than white teeth? I read about this information like 7 years ago from a dentist's research findings.

I have always been having white teeth but they got discoloured last year from using mouthwash in a month. I used it as the doctor recommended so my tooth extraction area could not catch infection. I haven't known how to make them become white as they used to be because the stain looks permanent. I will try the lemon and see if my teeth will be white. If they ever become white, I will come here to share my methods.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Are you being serious about yellow teeth being stronger than white teeth? Or are you just kidding? I'm also looking forward to having my teeth sparkle whiter than it is at this very moment. I have read up baking soda and now you pointed out about lemon, I hope any of these two solves the issue for me.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like using Pepsodent toothpaste a lot -and it seems like it does keep your teeth pretty white over time -also I like the fresh clean minty kind of taste or wintergreen flavor, I would say it tastes like. I remember as a kid this brand coming in a powder form as well,and my dad always used it and never had cavities or went to the dentist. One of their slogans was "you'll wonder where the yellow went,when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent" !

11. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

Yes.

yellow teeth are stronger. I also hope the lemon method works for me but if it doesn't, I will let it be since I have no problem with it. The link shows and also gives reasons as to why yellow teeth are stronger and that information is enough to make me okay with my teeth. :D

12. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for the link to the article, I'm going to take out time in reading it extensively to know exactly how to manage my teeth coloring and best way to go about taking care of mine. Before now, having yellow teeth or seeing those with yellowish teeth gives me lot of concern but with information available now to my reach, I can relax about yellow teeth or those that have such.

13. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting stuff...
    Thanks for sharing this much details on it. I would be really useful for me as i love to have a bright smile.

14. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I really found these posts very helpful and I am sure that this will be massive for us. This will be adorable for us all.

I will like to try

15. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I found good tips here and actually this is really an important thing for good looks and for healthy lifestyle. Thanks for sharing with us, i will give my more time to the article to ready it word by word.

16. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, these are really helpful and good tips and people will love to enjoy them for sure.