Natural ways to stay slim

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Jan 31, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I will not say eat less, exercise more or cut down the carbs.. you know all that... but there are sweeter ways to reduce weight or at least maintain your weight..

Add these herbs /spices .. seeds to your diet..

Cinnamon and Cayenne pepper help increase your metabolism.

Green tea has a high amount of caffeine, which speeds up your metabolism and the antioxidants in it help combat the damage caused by free radicals.

Fennel helps digestion, reduce your water retention and suppress hunger. Sprinkle a bit of fennel ground into your food.
    Sponsored Links

A glass of warm water to which psyllium husks is added helps clean out your system.This is a great colon cleanse on a regular basis.

Sprinkle flax seeds grounds on your salads to increase your omega 3 intake and fights bad cholesterol. This is one of the best thing you can do to eat healthy and live healthy.
    These are easy to Incorporate into your eating habits.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You're right; these are all very easy ways to give your metabolism a boost... but there's no good substitute for exercise and healthy eating.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    These are all interesting ideas, Maddie, but there has to be more to it than just including these things, otherwise I think there would be a lot more slim people in the world. I think the biggest factor in staying slim is portion control. People need to learn to eat more of certain things and less of other things.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Adding some of the above items to your diet will help to lose weight, it is a combination of all of increased exercise and reduced food along with keeping your colon clean that will help lose weight. Weight Watchers uses portion control and food combination to help a person lose the weight.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Of course eating healthy and exercise is the most important part of staying fit.. I said that didn't I ? :) What I meant was everyone know these things and I do not have to rub it in :D LOL!

6. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I am in love with green teas recently and keep drinking in the last week. It really promotes healthy digestion.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, you do, haha! Everybody says they know it, but if everybody really knew it, then everybody would do it, and "weight loss pills" and other similar bullsht wouldn't exist.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    The problem is we are a quick fix generation and look for quick fixes to everything. A lifestyle change is what is needed.. now that is hard work and means employing a lot of self control. As for me, I am loving all the changes I have made in my diet, eating a mainly raw veg /fruit diet has helped me lose weight but, more than that, I am feeling much better than I have done recently.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Green tea is not just about staying slim. I think there are also variants that are detox so they cleanse our liver and kidneys from all their filtering work. I am not really a fan of their tastes but I am a huge fan of the benefits that you could get from drinking these.

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Those are all good tips that can go along with good diet and exercise. It's also good to eat those things instead of chasing the more expensive miracle slim down drinks on the store shelves.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry but the effect green tea, spices and chillies etc has on fat loss is minimal. Yes, it does help but it will not negate a bad diet or excessive calories. I would avoid flax seeds, omega-3 from plant sources doesn't convert well to long-chain fatty acids so it's useless really.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm totally with you on that. I think if people could experience the benefits of a lifestyle of good food and exercise, they wouldn't see it as a sacrifice at all, but it does require work and control, and there's no substitute for that.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this information with us. I have to admit that I have heard this about Green Tea not just boosting the metabolism but also good for detoxing the body. I also have heard the same about Cayenne Pepper doing the same thing. However, although I knew that Fennel was good for digestion I had no idea it was also something that could be used to suppress your appetite. I might try using fennel and see if it helps control my appetite.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend to drink at least 8 cups of water a day and to stay away from sugar and soda as much as you can.
    Although we all have a busy schedule I would try to recommend to work out at least twice a day whether it is just running in place
    or doing crunches. The key is to stay active and hydrated. Also do simple things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

15. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    It's also good to eat well-portioned meals and snacks every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism up. One of the worst things one can do for their metabolism is to eat only one meal a day or to starve their selves. You don't have to eat less, but try to portion your meals and snacks so that you eat on a consistent basis instead of eating everything at once.

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree... staying active with a busy schedule is often more easy than people think it is. Like, getting off the subway one stop early and walking the rest of the way. Or, if you drive, park your car ten minutes away from your destination. That's an instant twenty minute workout, ten minutes in each direction.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I added chia seeds to my diet. I just add a little bit to my protein shake. The Aztecs used to eat them because they fill you up. They are also one of the best sources of omega 3s.

18. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I use either flax seeds or chia seeds in my green or fruit smoothies everyday. They actually keep you feeling full. I love to eat them slightly roasted. I know many may not like it but I do.

19. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    That is a great list and will definitely work. I remember reading about thermogenic foods, that increase thermogenesis and chillies and green tea were on that list. This is very helpful information, so thank you very much!

20. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah each kind of food has a place in healthy living as long as we do it in moderation and take care of what goes into our mouths. Keeping a journal of what goes into the mouth will be very effective in staying slim as would be a pedometer that would help you be aware of your level of activity.