Natural ways to stay slim

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Jan 31, 2013.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have no idea where I get my info and it's not from anyone trying to gain anything or from fitness nuts that think they know what they're talking about. Most of the info out there is extremely misleading. But hey, I won't lose sleep if we don't agree on this. Nobody listens to logic when it comes to health anyway.

I agree with Avihabibi as well..

#41Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Weight loss is all logic........trust me...........once u know how ur body works then u can control everything.........see the actors for example...........for different roles they have to get a different type of body...........in some movies they will be skinny and in some they will be fat or muscular................so everyone should know how to do that..........take control over ur weight guys..........dont let ur weight control u

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information on some of the things that will help us with our diets, I wrote them down they will be very helpful. I also walk at least 30 min to an hour everyday to get a little extra exercise and it makes me feel energized and a lot better.

4. davidlamber8100

davidlamber8100New Member

Threads:
    According to recent research, water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight. I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 times cup of tea in a day. And now i feel much difference in my weight.

5. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    How natural can you go before giving up?

As someone who struggles with weight gain, I steadily gain 10 pounds every year after I turned 40, some o the things make sense, but it is hard to reconcile when you don't see it manifest. I know this is a tochy subject, but before you criticize, know that I have made life changes, a little each year, and its hard to see the benefits. I drink more than 8 glasses of water daily. Have out soda and fruit juices, very a year ago. My only vice is 1 cup of coffee per day, down from 3. I've substituted splenda for sugar and use low fat versions of yogurt and milk. I am not a junkoholic, I rarely snack on cookies, chips or ice cream. I purchased plates with the sections to help with portion control and I exercise at least 30-60 minutes, three times per week. I still managed to gain 10 pounds over last year. I'm all for making life changes, but I have no desire to eat raw vegetables and seeds for the rest of my life. Thanks for listening There has got to be a better way.

#45Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    30 min to an hour walk a day is not sufficient. you are only burning calories while you are walking. what happens after that? what happens when you come back home, take shower and do whatever you wanna do? will you still burn calories? NO. in order to get your resting metabolism triggered, you need to add intensity to your activities. instead of 30 min to an hour everyday, just do 20 mins of high intensity workout and make every minute count. and the main thing i would like to point out here is that if you are working out everyday lets say for an hour, you are only contributing 3% towards your weight loss or fitness goals. what about the other 97%? the other 97% comes from your eating habits and sleep. so focus more on that 97% which you do 23 hours a day.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Simply not true, green tea is not the 'best' way to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to restrict carbohydrates which spike insulin and drives fat storage. Gaining weight on a low-carb diet is very difficult. The effects of green tea on weight loss are minimal at best.

8. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I have added Chia seeds to my diet lately and that has helped a great deal. (Remember the Chia Pet?) I take a tablespoon with 2 glasses of water. I feel more hydrated and less hungry. I am eating less and staying fuller longer. Chia seeds expand 10 time their size in your stomach, so the full feeling makes me snack less and put on less weight.

Hope this helps!

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always struggled with my weight until I started taking responsibility for it (not saying you aren't). Most people that think they're eating right, aren't. You're weight will always tell the truth unless there is a medical issue. Have you ruled a medical issue out?

You don't have to eat grass to maintain a healthy weight. I don't deprive myself of anything I crave because I eat healthy otherwise and your post is the reason for the huge money grab called the weight loss industry. "There's got to be a better way". A better way than healthy? Not likely.. unless you plan to eat very little the rest of your life and stick to whatever torture you plan for yourself till the day you die. What I suggest is learning how to eat. You obviously think THAT is the torture, but at this point I'm just not eating processed foods (most are as bad as junk, sorry... break it all down, they all look the same, you might as well be eating chips all day even with some of the "healthy" or "non fat" foods. I eat some processed foods of course, hard not to these days, but I'm pretty selective.. they make me feel like crap now. Otherwise, I don't have to worry about what I put in my mouth anymore. It all comes naturally, no more counting calories or reading labels or being scared I have to exercise harder after a bite of something lol. That would be my life if I chose to do it the "easy way".

Eating right is the only life long way to go. You will never have to worry about weight issues again, it's the most worth it thing you can learn. If you want to eat whatever you want, I suggest Weight Watchers or something.. so unhealthy, but it lets you eat whatever and lose weight to boot. My mother did it, she looked terrible, but she was happy to lose the weight. You would have to stick with it forever though, or the weight will come back (the first sign you lost the weight the wrong way).

I'm not criticizing.. I just wish people would worry more about their health than fitting into a pair of jeans. I promise, if you put health first, the jeans will slide on naturally. It really is the easiest thing in the long run. There is no better way than healthy.

#49May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  10. Kramer

KramerNew Member

Threads:
    These are all excellent advice and I thank you - and I've used the psyllium fiber but somehow it seems we should get our fiber in other ways with vegetables, whole fruits and grains but as of yet I haven't figured it out. I'm also not slim so there ya go ;)

11. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    These are good things, and I'm glad that I like cinnamon. Another natural way to stay slim is to just stay active on top of all of this. I have always had a high metabolism, and chasing after my boys helps me stay slim! I have never heard this about cinnamon before, so thanks, maybe that's why I have a good metabolism. I have a soft spot for hot cinnamon rolls!

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I can understand what you are saying.. I have struggled with weight gain for over two years now after I developed problems with my knees. I think it is about finding the right thing for your body. I tried so many things others found useful.. but it didn't help me. Now I have found what helps me, eat only when I need to and have increased my activity levels. I wouldn't say I have lost a lot of weight but I have it under control. I hope you'll find what your body needs on this journey of finding your ideal weight. I know people will insist that going carb free helps.. It didn't help me one bit.