Neck Pain

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • May 27, 2015.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I have my computer screen at a good level, along with an excellent chair, I still get neck strain after working half a day at the computer. I do have a break every half an hour, relax and walk around The House for 5-10 minutes, but my neck strain remains. It mostly gets stiff from holding it in a rigid position for too long. I gently stretch it every so often, but it's only a temporary relief from the tension.
    Any suggestions?

2. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    A TENS pain relief machine is a good purchase. They can be bought on Amazon / EBay for£15/($20) or more. The pulsating pads soothe and relax you and the pain is numbed significantly. It is only a temporary fix but you will feel better after using it.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it. I'll definitely be looking into it. Thank you for the tip. I wish I had someone who gave me a relaxing neck and shoulder massage at the end of the day, but I guess a machine might just have to do for now. :)

4. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    This is something anyone who uses the computer all day would understand and it really is a pain, literally! It's good that you're taking breaks and stretching because that will definitely help but if it's still not enough, I guess your sleeping position can also cause this. I find that my sleeping position was also a factor that was causing my neck pains so I searched up some sleeping positions that won't strain my neck and bought a really nice pillow that will support my neck as well. If all else fails, maybe go to a physical therapist? I'm pretty sure they would know the best way to soothe your neck pains.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    If possible you should go to a chiropractor. They will help adjust your back and neck, it will not only provide immediate relief but help in the long term as well. If this isn’t possible (it isn’t for many people L) try stretching your neck and upper back. I often use a foam roller to get out the know in my upper back and it relieves a lot of pain in my neck. Also try using a heat pad and having someone massage it.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard this can help deal neck pain, muscle pain, etc. I'm yet to try it but I'm certain that it does work since it involves some massaging.

Dissolve some salt in warm water. Find a small towel, dip it in that solution, fold it and use it to massage your neck. It will relieve your neck pain.