Need a favor quick!

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nick2011 • Apr 5, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have texting attached to my phone plan because I don't use it. So does anyone here have texting on their phone or mobile device? I need it for Swagbucks. Apparently, having a verified Paypal account isn't good enough for them. So they need a mobile number where they can send a text message to. So can someone help me out a bit here?

2. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    If you have a gmail account you can use:

I remember that last year they offer free phone number for US and you can receive text messages, also you will receive the voice calls as "voice mail". I don't know for sure if they do it anymore.
    I hope this will solve your problem.

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    They don't. They won't accept the google voice number it keeps saying this number does not work in our system. Had I known this beforehand, I wouldn't have even bothered racking up 3,000 Swagbucks. If a verified paypal account isn't good enough, then they really need to get their stuff together.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try downloading an app for texting and use that I have a friend he doesn't have any service on his phone but he can still text he downloaded an app that gave him a number and everything

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    That's the thing I have a cell phone! No smart phone or Iphone. Just a regular Nokia with no internet or anything. I don't use any of the stuff like 98% of the time! So I figured why pay for it?

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can also get a google number sign up for google and make a voice account it's free and you can text even get calls from it that's what a friend of mine did before he got a cell

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I tried that. I can get calls but not text messages like SMS. That's why I need someone to favor me and PM me their sms number so I can put it in and then they can send them the text message, and they can relay it (the message) to me. I also learned swagbucks used to do voice verification via phone? But now apparently it's just SMS (phone or blackberry text), or they send you a post card. And if I'm not mistaken swagbucks is in L.A. I think.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I looked into a few sites for disposable SMS numbers. Apparently, they're all located in Europe so no dice there either.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I could help, but I don't have texting on my cell phone either. If they won't let you do the Paypal option, you might have to cash out your 3,000 Swagbucks as six $5 Walmart cards, that actually adds up to $30 in Walmart gift cards which is more than the $25 Paypal option.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I need the money into my paypal account because I am purchasing something very important I hope will arrive this week. And I am buying from ebay and the buyer is from NYC. So my purchase will arrive much earlier than anticipated. I have no use for Walmart cards. There is no wal mart here anyways lol! But alas, I have signed up for google voice and some other services for sms? And I enter the number and it tells me text verification failed.

So obviously, swagbucks on their end have no clue what they're doing. I emailed their support and told them I have entered valid sms numbers and still got nothing. So hopefully they'll just put it through on their end and redeem for me. My paypal account is verified after all. If it weren't, I wouldn't have been able to get to the sms portion of things. So a verified paypal should be good enough for them. Sheesh, ridiculous.

11. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    that is crazy you think it would be enough with the paypal. I used the google number I have for the paidviewpoints that I do surveys on and they took it and sent my text verification pin there, I don't know why swagbucks can't do the same.. I hope you get it worked out,I know how frustrating that can be.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah if an sms service provided by a well known conglomerate like google isn't good enough then wtf are these people thinking??? I mean really?

13. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    That's insane

I recently signed up for swagbucks. The only thing it stated is that I need a verified PayPal account and that my name and email must match what I have on PayPal. It doesn't say anything about the SMS requirement. Have you posted the issue on Swagbucks? By the way, it will take about a week to ten days for your money to clear your PayPal. Have you factored that in?

PS: I'm also from NYC, if you drive Walmart is a quick drive to Whit Plains or about 40 minutes to Long Island.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I sent an email to their support team. Where could I post it on Swagbucks? Their blog or something? I am not sure about the clearing thing, I've used a paypal cash card before and a green dot before and the money is there instantly. I think it'll take about two days tops.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I am looking into mail verification for my paypal card only if they are going to send me my prize along with the verification Pin Number. I'd also have to add 50 swagbucks for rush delivery to have the card by Tuesday.