Need a forum to discuss other ways to save money

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Collin1000 • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    As the topic title implies... we need a forum to discuss other ways to save money, like cash back programs, or bonus/loyalty cards.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never heard of those. Mind explaining how they work, please?

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    There are loyalty cards for many stores such as CVS pharmacy, Winn Dixie, and PetsMart. These are cards that get you points when you are a frequent shopper and after either a certain amount of time or a certain amount of points you will receive either coupons or money back. Sometimes is a certain percent off your next purchase. Cash back programs are a big hit now at banks such as Chase and Bank of America. They have programs where you can round off your purhcases and get the "change" (remainder) deposited into a separate account, such as a savings account. This way you are saving without even noticing you are saving. :cool:

4. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    Loyalty cards, as the poster above me explained pretty well, reward you for being loyal to a certain store. You can usually find them anywhere that has intense competition, ie, PetCo vs. PetsMart, Office Depot vs. Staples, and so on. Usually, one of the stores, or sometimes both, has a loyalty program where you earn points for money back or special coupons. For example, CVS offers "CVS Bucks" or "CVS Cash" which is good for anything in the store after you spend a certain amount with them. Khol's, the clothing and department store, offers Khol's cash, which is usually $10 merchandise credit for every $50 spent in the store.

It's all about knowing where these offers are..... let's say that a pair of jeans (same brand, size, and so on) sells at Khol's for $55.99 and sells at Target for $49.99. It's still a better deal to get it at Khol's, because you'll get $10 cash to use again.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I have lots of free loyalty cards, including one from Fry's and Safeway. I don't know what I would do without them. They're free and they save you a lot of money when you shop. I don't use the ones with fees.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've recently started a thread in the freebies section about loyatly cards and in the shopping discussion section about a cool program with MyPoints.com! These are other ways of making a little savings work for you. Check it out!:cool:

7. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know anything about loyalty cards... They seem to be really useful, it's a good idea to discuss about them and about other ways to save money.

8. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    That's a good idea but please find something for the rest of the world, other ways to save money in the internet because not everyone are in US!

9. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I do whatever I can to save money. I recycle any product I can and put that small cash into a savings account for my children. I also try to put back 5 to 10 dollars a week. It's not a lot but it does add up after awhile. If I have a money emergency which tends to happen a lot, I have that. I have been off work lately so it's been harder to put cash back.