Negative Ads

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by remnant • Nov 12, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some advertisements elicit negative reactions from viewers distracting them from the gist of the message. In one ad I have heard and which is about a brand of iron sheets, there is an insinuation that the fellow has only one wife because of not using this brand to pamper his house. Do you come across such ads?

2. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    Sometimes.
    Maybe they were just trying to steal customers.

Actually I hate watching Ads. They never speak the truth. Only trying to get people into buying some useless and overpriced product. So I don't think you have to worry about them.
    It's always much better to research the products yourself.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Your post made me laugh. Actually, the advertises try to use a concept that is touchy and with which the audience can relate.

And sometimes, I can't really relate the ad product with the ad depiction itself but then I heard this is the latest trend and is called "brand ads" or something like that.

I wouldn't bother much about it.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    These are off course negative ads, however, the desired effect of these ads is positive. Since the ad contain unusual content, the ad is remembered by many people. Remembering the ad means people are remembering the product. If people remember the product, they will off course buy it, at least once.

5. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    What type of negative do you mean? Negative in the way which the ad it self portrays a negative message or negative in the way that it downgrades their competitors? Either case, I've seen them both however the first type will usually be taken down if it has received complains to the broadcasting commission.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    That is true!

Not all the ads are equally appealing and engaging, though most of them are. As a customer, we mostly depend on the quality of the product, not the ads though. However, the ads which carry negative sentiment will fail to generate positive results. The purpose might fall flat.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I know that I am really glad that the political season is over, for the most part at least. For some reason those two tend to go hand in hand, and it is getting worse every year, it would seem.