Netbook vs chromebook

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by mansawalta • Jun 4, 2013.

1. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Im thinking about getting a computer just really for web browsing and a few things here and there....nothing intense....i saw the chromebook a few days ago and was trying to find out if anyone has used it and what do you think of it....is it worth it? or shall i get a standard netbook.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I would stick with a standard netbook, or even an ultrabook as the price on those has dropped considerably over the years. Chromebook's sound interesting, but still seem too limited. I already have an Android phone, for example. If I'm going to carry an extra device around, I would want it to be something that I can do more on, such as a netbook.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I think that you should opt for a standard netbook. I didn't have the possibility to use a chromebook, but the comments of the experts aren't entirely positive. :confused:Compared with other products of the same price, this type of computer is unsuccessful. Chromebook will be functional enough once internet services, consumer web and we connect, but doesn't offer different functionality than you can already get with a laptop. Any netbook or notebook can also use Google Docs, web mail, and many other functions that make laptops now known. In fact, the laptop is definitely better in this area because you can choose the browser rather than just Google Chrome.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with going with a standard laptop. Unless you plan on using it in various places outside your home. In which case a netbook would be more practical, since these are as small as a tablet. Don't think that a standard laptop computer will be more expensive, they have gone down in price I guess because of the tablets being out there. You can find great deals on one in places such as Amazon. Also, great thing about going there, you can read customer reviews about the type of unit you are getting and know if its worth the investment.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Go with the normal netbook. One of my friends got a chromebook for browsing and, let's be honest, it wasn't that good. For that price you can get something much better nowadays.

6. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, I am going with the Netbook. I am a fan of the basics and all, because it allows me to do everything I need without much extras involved.