Netflix or Hulu?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by messlisa • May 7, 2013.

1. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Up until now, I didn't have any choice between these two, ha, ha, because neither was available in my geographical area. But now, Netflix will stumble upon my meadows and I'll finally have some foreign streaming services rather than these autochthonous streaming services I've currently got monthly plans for, which, by the way, completely suck. The arrival of Netflix in my country is a blessing, a divine one, ha, ha.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have only used Netflix up until now because Hulu+ has so many commercials that watching the program is just not worth it. I actually subscribed to Hulu several times, and then cancelled because we were paying for something that we never ever watched.
    Now, they have come up with a comercial-free verssion of Hulu. It costsabout $3 extra per month; but ince Hulu actually does have some newer programs than Netflix does, it is great to have both of them now.
    We still prefer netflix for movies, and it seems to be easier to navigate around on and find things than Hulu does; but overall, they make a great combo, and you can hav both for under $20 a month.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    These days I prefer hulu a lot more. Netflix's library just has gone way down in variety in the past year and they are focusing a lot more on original content which I don't really care that much about. I know there are lots of fans for these new shows but I personally would rather just get a more vast array of third party movies instead. I think the existence of both in the market is good though since it gives consumers options, but I think I'd much rather just pay a little bit more in getting hulu than pay a little for Netflix and have less to watch.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had Netflix in the past and was quite happy with it. Back then, I had the streaming option and I believe it was around 3 DVDs per month via the postal service. I didn't use the DVD portion that much, but on occasion, there'd be something I really wanted to watch, and it was only available in that manner. It seems now that is a separate plan, and I believe it costs the same as the streaming option.

I just re-subscribed to Netflix and have watched a few movies so far. I also signed up for HuluPlus, and am just now starting to get into it. I've added some of my favorite shows into my queue, and receive an email daily telling me updates to those shows. I haven't cut the cord yet, but am planning to, once I clear off my DVR and am fully comfortable with HuluPlus and Netflix as my sole sources of programming.

I'm going to use both services, since they seem complementary, with Netflix having more movies and Hulu more current television shows. If, after having them both for a while, I decide I can do without one, I'll cut it. I'm also considering SlingTV ultimately, but am going to go without live television for a bit at first after I cut the cable off, to see how necessary it is, since I mainly watch shows off my DVR right now.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard about Hulu. I always get asked about this service whenever I am doing some type of entertainment, on demand, survey on some of my earning websites. And I never have much to say about them, other than the fact that I have indeed heard of them before. I have never experienced their services though. I have experienced Netflix. I understand that Netflix is the bigger brand too, and it is probably because they have exclusive and better content.

6. Karen Romero

Karen RomeroNew Member

Threads:
    I was a faithful user with Netflix for a long time. I used it instead of cable tv for quite some time. I have a 8 year old boy that was really into watching Spongebob. All of the sudden, it wasn't on Netflix anymore. I found out they had lost their contract with Nickelodeon and I didn't like that at all. I switched to Hulu and it seems they have a wide variety of movies and shows that my son enjoys watching a lot more than Netflix.

7. AgentD22

AgentD22New Member

Threads:
    I’ll have to say Netflix, but only because I like their original content better than Hulu’s. In fact I’m not too sure Hulu has any original content. I’ve been with Netflix for years and honestly I don’t see any reason to change, in fact, I am more reluctant to change now that Netflix comes pre-installed in most of the devices that I own, it would be shooting myself in the foot right now to change at this point.

The only thing I wish Netflix could change is getting the HBO shows on their service :p

8. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Netflix is alot better I think. I'm not sure what the difference is for general shows made by other companies - do both Netflix and Hulu have the same range? The one thing that does matter is original content and I think Netflix have a much better range in my opinion. The list of their original shows that are amazing shows are just endless: Narcos, Orange is the new Black, Stranger Things are just a few to even list

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Netflix available in our country (Recently introduced) but our internet speed does not support live streaming therefore people are waiting in the wings. I think most of the people would convert as soon as we get faster internet.