Netflix Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cheesecake • Sep 20, 2012.

1. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I have had Netflix for a few months and I love it. I stream it to my tv with my wii. They have a great selection of movies and tv shows and I think they are updated pretty often though there are some movies missing that I would like to see.

2. tannerbell

tannerbellNew Member

Threads:
    I started using Netflix when it was new and it was a great experience, But as the years went by the service in my opinion the service has drastically went down. They used to have all the new movies and update everything regularly, Now the service is mostly about sending DVDs to you and back. The instant streaming really only has TV shows. So a few months ago I un-Subscribed from the service and now I just use Hulu.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using it for awhile too, but I don't think it is as good as it once was, they don't hardly ever have any of the movies that I am looking for. I don't know why, maybe it is because Blockbusters and other sites like netflix are out ther now too, I don't know.

4. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Netflix is ok. It's nothing majorly great. But unfortunately, it's almost the "gold standard" in terms of legal online streaming. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even keep it since a number of my favorite shows have been taken off. Like "Married...with children"

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not willing to pay to use a website like Netflix when I can easily download the movies and documentaries for free on torrents etc. I download movies for free and connect my laptop to my television. Why would you pay a subscription when you can download any movie you want for nothing?

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I love netfllix, for the 'pro' reasons you listed. And the variety is improving, but I do have to agree with you that it would be nice to see more new content available. I also find that for us it's a better deal to go with the regular plan and not add on the DVDs.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Netflix is okay but it takes forever for new movies and shows to be added to it that's my only thing with that.

8. ryels

ryelsNew Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with everyone that mentioned the lack of new content. I subscribed for a few months, got bored and stopped my subscription. So I tried it again about 6 months later, thinking that they MUST have a bunch of new content. There were a few new movies, but nothing worth the monthly subscription.

The site is a great idea, but they simply must get more current content.

9. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I had Netflix, but wound up dropping the service after I realized that we would go months without ever using it. I have all that I need using the Xfinity OnDemand service. It isn't as luxurious as Netflix in terms of titles I can choose from, but really, I struggled to find enough to watch to justify the really cheap subscription price. WE watch a lot of regular cable programming, and most of these programs are available on Demand and I love the fact that there is a decent selection of free movies as well as those you have to pay for. For now, I will skip Netflix and stick with onDemand.

10. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I signed up for Netflix's free 30-day trial, and I was both pleasantly surprised and a little disappointed. The positive about Netflix is their customer service is great, and the movie quality is great. They customize your profile on movies/shows they think you'll enjoy. I was disappointed, however, because their selection is lacking (I couldn't find specific movies I wanted to watch). Is Netflix worth $8 per month? Yes.

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix personally. However, I do have very eclectic taste when it comes to movies so I can always find something to watch. One day when I move out and can't afford cable, I will probably have to solely rely on Netflix. But the price is extremely reasonable, if you are in the habit of paying for your entertainment.

12. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely LOVE Netflix. We stream it over the Internet for $8/month so we do not have to pay for cable, plus it eliminates the children scratching more DVDs. It has been close to two years now that we have been streaming Netflix instead of paying for cable, and we are still able to find shows to watch all the time that we have not already watched and the same with movies.

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    We love Netflix! We cut out cable and just watch Netflix through either our wii or out Xbox.

14. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    My husband just love Netflix. Sure, a lot of the movies are old but he prefers it that way because it's a good way to catch up on stuff he missed. I think that the selection is good if you have young children in your house as well.

15. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I also have netflix and I agree with you it is the greatest to catch up on what you have missed on tv shows or for the kids there are so many things for them to watch at anytime of the day. Of course, they also have a good selection of movies to watch too. I love having Netflix too!!

16. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I'm very interested in Netflix but I also have heard good things about Hulu. I wonder which one has more options. The price is exactly the same.

17. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I am another Canadian, and I use an internet provider that does not meter my plan, so I don't have to worry about bandwidth (Unless there are no other options, I'd avoid Bell, Rogers and the like.) I watch the latest shows on the Global and CTV websites, and my son uses Netflix to watch movies and cartoons. The combination of Internet + Netflix is a heck of a lot cheaper than a cable or satellite package, and we don't feel like we're missing anything.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My trial is up and I will be keeping the service. I don't like the need to pay for the DVD's seperately. So we don't get those. I would like more current movies but I still will keep the service. My grandchildren are getting more out of it than I am, some of the shows I would like to see say new but I have seen all of the shows listed. Hope they get caught soon.

19. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    My major gripes with Netflix would be that they take way too long to updates television shows, which usually causes them to be multiple seasons behind if the television show is still on. Also, they are very inconsistent when it comes to the shows and movies that stay on the website. By this, I mean that I often log into my instant queue and find that shows or movies have been removed from the Netflix database altogether without any notification whatsoever.

20. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    My only complaint: When I went on a 1+ month vacation, there was no option to go on a break during my vacation time. I only have the DVD service, but I found that cancelling saved me some money, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped. Basically, they wouldn't cancel immediately (I had to wait until my billing date) and even though I checked the box saying don't send me anymore DVDs as of today, they kept sending me DVDs. What a pain in the butt considering I was leaving the country in 3 days.

But I called customer service: it was a 60 second phone call to solve my problem! :)