Netflix Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by cheesecake • Sep 20, 2012.

1. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    I like the general idea of Netflix. The thing is, when I got it for the first time, I was deeply unimpressed by their titles. I figured out that i'm not the type of person that can watch a movie without any preceding intention to. I felt really guilty for buying DVDs while I had a Netflix subscription already enabled. I unwillingly ended up watching movies that sort of fit in with what I normally like to watch just so I could feel a little bit of redemption for my money.
    I probably will not subscribe to Netflix again unless they make some changes with their title database.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been generally pleased with my subscriptions to Netflix. While they may not have a full selection of shows and movies, they do contain a lot of shows that I had never seen before or were never available from my cable provider. I've discovered a lot of new series that I got into while watching it. I never really had any problems with the movies getting stuck or network slowdown, which was great.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have had Netflix for about 3 years now, and really enjoy it. At first we had the program to send DVDs, but then they raised the prices, and we just kept the streaming part of the program. It worked good, because my husband and I have diverse tastes in movies, and we could each watch what we wanted on our own computer. Now, we have an Apple TV, and Netflix is part of it, so we enjoy full screen movies and TV shows.
    I wish they would update it more, it i think with the competition growing from Redbox and
    Amazon, as well as Apple TV movies, they are going to have to upgrade their content to stay competitive .
    I can also watch movies on my iPad, and I love that feature of Netflix also. So, altogether, it has been well worth the $8 a month that it costs us, and we will definitely keep and recommend Netflix.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about getting Netflix. I was told that a lot of the classic TV shows that I love or the ones that I didn't get to watch are available for streaming. I don't really care for watching current TV shows. I can watch those on Hulu or on the network websites. I'm going to take advantage of the free trial period to see if I think it's worth it.

I used to have Netflix years ago before they offered streaming. I would get the DVDs in the mail. I dropped the service when I moved out of state. I was happy with the service.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix is one of my favorite streaming programs. I like Netflix especially because it brings a lot to the table. It is also very convenient to use, seeing as how I can instantly use it almost whenever. The only thing I find negative about using Netflix is how often they update their library. If they updated their library every time a new show airs, it would be that much better.

6. Drafonfliez

DrafonfliezNew Member

Threads:
    Another Canadian here...

I use Netflix now because of the much too high cost of satellite. I'm trying out a VPN service as well but after a week or 2 Hulu will not grant me access anymore saying that I am coming from a remote server or some such message...Any suggestions as to what service I should get?

7. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    Netflix is my best product that I ever have paid for. Technically my brother pays for it because he lives in the US but I use proxy to watch Netflix. I stopped watching TV completely because of netflix. Whenever I am bored I just know netflix has a huge movie collection of movies and tv shows that I could watch in. To me it's better than any other company like Hulu.

8. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My family loves Netflix. I think my favorite thing about it is that I can log my 5 year old onto the Kids section and she can take it from there. I have notice a lot of really old, like 1920 old movies there lately which I have no interest in watching but there are a lot of great TV shows. I always wanted to watch the show Dexter and when the show ended, I found the entire show on Netflix. So far I have only able to watch one of them, but I am looking forward to seeing more and hopefully soon have a "binge watching" Dexter day.
    My kids watch Netflix more than I do, they can watch it on the computers, there Nintendo Ds, tablets. It is on just about every device we have which puts a stop to a lot of fighting over who gets to watch what.

9. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I tried Netflix two years ago. The price was cheap and I was hoping I could use it and cancel our dish service because they kept putting the price up every few months. We used it for the free time and then I cancelled it. I was kind of dissapointed in the selection since everything was older. I was hoping for some newer movies to be able to watch from time to time. This has been a few years ago, so maybe they have updated the selection now. I would probably purchase it again if they hade a newer selection.

10. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Netflix is great for older shows. My only problem with them is that they take to long to offer newer show, and episodes for viewing. Sometimes you have to wait for over a month to watch your favorite shows newest episode. That can be a bit frustrating sometimes. Better than a $120 a month Cable bill though.

11. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    Netflix is great! As you said, it is a far cheaper alternative to cable, which I stopped buying a long time ago. It has a lot of shows that I enjoy and quite a few movies that are popular now or used to be popular. However, I agree that Netflix updates too slowly. By the time a movie I'm interested in is on Netflix, I've already seen it. I mainly use it for TV shows because when it has multiple seasons of a show it is convenient and fun to watch all the episodes in a row. Once you have to wait for the new season though, Hulu or piracy start to seem like better options.

12. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Some people complain about the fact the Netflix is limited when it comes to offering shows, but let's repeat your statement, they do offer classics. Classics are awesome and they're classic for a reason. They're highly rated and usually recommended when people ask about good movies or TV shows to watch.

Some of Netflix original series' are great as well! Orange is the New Black is actually a Netflix show and it recently became one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's incredible. Great writing, great actors, and one of the most unique and complex story lines (in a good way).

In my opinion, Netflix is a great place to invest your money if you like good shows and movies.

13. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    I am deeply satisfied with Netflix. All the shows they have are no-hassle and easy to start, something which cannot be said for a variety of streaming websites that rely on multiple unreliable mirrors throughout the day. For the cost of a Netflix subscription I can happily enjoy non-cable media without having to inhabit numerous seedy-seeming websites. I don't think Netflix entirely replaces cable - yet - but it certainly is more accessible than it, and never having to see a commercial is always a good thing.

14. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty satisfied with Netflix for the price. I like being able to watch shows in order without having to catch them on at a certain time and date, and the BF loves watching the movies. We used it as a replacement for cable for a while, but now we have it too. I definitely like having both, but Netflix works as a temporary replacement if you're broke but want something to watch. I've been a member of Netflix for about three and a half years now, and I'm not planning on cancelling my subscription anytime soon. Sometimes I wish there were more/different titles, but overall I'm pleased for $8.55 a month.

15. bobthemuffinman

bobthemuffinmanNew Member

Threads:
    What really annoys me is that most of the content I want to watch is DVD only. Also they don't update the TV shows until a new season of it has come out. This means that I cant watch Community a day after the new episode airs.

16. DebValentine

DebValentineNew Member

Threads:
    I love my Netflix, its perfect for watching shows from the past or binging on shows I never got the chance to watch. They don't have a lot of new stuff, but I also have hulu plus, so I can wach all my new shows that the DVR doesn't catch. Plus if you want to split costs with someone, u can view Netflix on 2 different devices at the same time.

17. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    That's how I view Netflix, too. I really enjoy the shows that they offer on their streaming service, as many of them are complete and up-to-date. However, their movie titles are severely lacking and are often behind some of their competitors such as Vudu. I really like Netflix though! I just see it as more of a streaming service where I can catch up on television series, not for a movie-watching service.