Netflix Streaming Movies Thread & dvd's

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Ruth B. • Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I know there are movies threads, but they are kind of all over the place, and hard to find. There are also Netflix threads, and comparison threads, I checked. But I wanted to do something a bit different, and start a thread just for talking about specific movies seen on Netflix via streaming, and dvd's. Very often the comments on these movies by the rating system are not really that accurate.

Plus, I just would love suggestions from 'real' people, not just ratings. Sometimes it can be hard to know what to watch on Netflix streaming. Sometimes I will chance it and then say, what in the world possessed me to watch that, and other times, I took a shot and was pleasantly surprised or even shocked at how it didn't suck. lol

Please share! Share specifically what you watched, liked and didn't like and any part of why that you would care to share. Hopefully the thread will pick up and people will offer streaming suggestions.

About dvd's, share those too, since those can be seen from somewhere else too. That way, no one is completely left out of the conversation.

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I just watched World War Z with Brad Pitt on streaming. It was the unrated cut. I had to give it a three and a half but to be kind with some of it, I gave it a four. It was not super bloody and gory, which I loved. Honestly, I"m not into zombies or vampires, tho I do like werewolf movies, I still do not prefer gore. I think I watched it because just to see if it was like the others.

I had not read the book everyone in the reviews said it was not as good as. So I was not pre disposed to not like it based on that.

What I found interesting is that like Walking Dead, and these are the ONLY two things like the Walking Dead, were that to kill them it had to be a head shot, and also that the noise factor attracted them. I watched it to see if unlike the WD, we could get some insight as to how this disease started. But we didn't. So really, it was just a three movie for me. But you know how it is, you can't do half ratings, so I went up for some other elements rather than down.

I've seen much better movies lately, but I've also seen much worse.

3. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I personally use Rotten Tomatoes for movie/TV ratings, but you really just get a number for those, not really any in depth analysis.

I've been watching 30 Rock on Netflix, it's a brilliant show. It's a hilarious, well written and has great acting. I can't recommend it enough.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really big into movies. I prefer to watch the TV shows. But I have seen a few movies:

--Blackfish: It's the infamous movie at Sea World's whale practices. I couldn't make it through 20 minutes of it. It was so upsetting. I think I'm a little to sensitive for stuff like that.

--The Short Game: I really loved this documentary. It's about kids on participate on the golf circuit. I'm not sure if it's still one Netflix. The dedication, perseverance and hard work of those 9 year old kids is inspiring.

--The Avengers: It was a blockbuster movie. I couldn't finish it. I was bored beyond tears.

--Star Trek - Into the Darkness: I'm a Trekkie and I really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first movie in 2009.

TV shows that I highly recommend:

--Luther
    --Sherlock
    --Orange is the New Black

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much! These are all great suggestions!

I am much more into tv shows myself. Part of why I love streaming is that I can catch up on what I have never heard of as I don't watch local tv at the time it's happening. And then so I can watch them over and over.

I could not get very far into the Avengers either. I don't know why. I just couldn't.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Today on my lunch break I watched Stargate SG1 episode 'Spirits'. I LOVE that episode. It's Season 2 volume 3 if you have Netflix streaming. I have so many episodes I love on 'the gate'. This one has Rodney Grant in it, you know from Dances With Wolves. Anyway, Rodney is SO funny in this episode, and the whole episode is. Everyone plays off each other with looks, and lines, it's a fun episode. I bet it was a blast working with Rodney. And imagine those outtakes.