Netflix

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by danielle davidson • Jun 11, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    How often do you watch Netflix? I watch it every day right now. Usually if I have something going on then I don't watch it. I love all the shows that are on there. I love being able to stream all the shows instead of having to wait a whole week for the next show to come out. I don't actually watch a lot a TV anymore because I have so many different shows that I want to see on Netflix. So, how often do you watch Netflix, and do you like Netflix more than TV?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watch Netflix and Hulu everyday. We do not have cable in our house and my tv does not get a good reception with the antenna system we use. It is easier to just watch Netflix or Hulu.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am not subscribed to Netflix and I don't think they are available here in my country so I just download the episodes of my favorite shows from torrent sites. Sometimes, I just wait for their DVD copies to be released.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I don't watch Netflix very often myself, but everyone else in my family watches it daily, so it is well worth the monthly cost. I like how we can set up different profiles for everyone in the house, so my kids can only access shows up to a certain rating.

5. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I love that too! When we first got Netflix in my family it was hard watching shows because everyone else was watching something different. And sometimes we even had the problem where two people wanted to watch the same show. Now that we have the different profiles it's so much easier. I love that I can choose my name and then all the shows that I WATCH come up. Not the shows that my sister watches. Which is the problem I had before we had the profiles on Netflix. It just makes it so much easier to watch Netflix now, I'm so happy for those profiles.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    In the decade I've been married we've never had cable. We started with Netflix and watched it every night (even though we get the basic channels with our rabbit ears). Now we flip flop between Netflix, HBOGO, and the Showtime app.

Out of the three of them, honestly, I'm not sure which I'd say is best. It is a toss up between Netflix and HBOGO. Both have equally good and completely different stuff. I burn out of Netflix quicker, but I think it is because we've had it longer and have watched most of everything they offer.

7. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I...LOVE... netflix. We watch it every day without fail and am watching doctor who right now on it haha!!

For what it is, I think it is really cheap, considering it is a monthly payment and you can watch as many movies and series as you like, I think it is a brilliant deal!

8. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    I Netflix in spurts. Since they just put up the second season of Agent's of Shield this week I have been binge watching that. I'm not too fond of most of the comic book stuff but I do like that one. I'll probably watch Agent Carter as well when it shows up on the Flix'.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    It's funny in my situation. I have Netflix and Hulu Plus but somehow my parents and siblings watch it way more than I do. I gave them my password and login name. When I go on Netflix, I always see what my parents or siblings have been watching. I watch Netflix probably once a week. There aren't many shows on now I like very much. I basically stream movies or documentaries.

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I canceled my cable this year, so I watch Netflix every night. I enjoy it, but for me it is almost required to have a Hulu subscription as well for more variety. Overall, I enjoy the money I am saving, but I definitely miss the live events that happen on TV.

11. danielle davidson

Threads:
    My parents did the same thing to the TV in mine and my sisters room. They got rid of it because we would never watch it, all we would watch was Netflix. I have to say that I don't really mind because there isn't much on cable anymore that I like watching. If there is something that I want to see, then I will watch it online. It's not a huge deal or I watch it in the living room. Overall, I like Netflix more and it's way better than regular TV.

12. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I like Netflix for binge watching seasons of television shows. However, there have been times where we have run out of interesting shows to watch on Netflix, and I have been tempted to temporarily cancel our subscription until new season's of shows become available in order to save money. It is my understanding that for Netflix there is no cancellation or registration fee. Has anyone else canceled and later re-registered with Netflix? Are there any fees for doing so?

13. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I used to only watch it once or twice a month. But my husband got me into two new shows so I've been on there every week. There's a lot of interesting stuff on there so it's cool to search it out. I wish there was more of a variety of family movies though. Also a lot of movies you'd expect to be on there like old classics, aren't. I hate when they try to make you order it instead of just having it free to watch.

14. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I watch it all the time. It's our primary method of watching TV, since we don't have cable in our house (and, honestly, don't want it either). My country has one of the more robust selections of shows, but we have a VPN that lets us access other versions of Netflix and get at their whole library. Really wish we didn't have to bypass blocks like that, but doing so really lets you stretch your subscription to the max.

15. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    I watch Netflix every single day. When I first got it I didn't understand what the big hype was about. So I only watched it 1 or 2 times a week, mainly on weekends. After I started discovering all the cool features, neat shows and movies I could see, I totally fell in love. I found a bunch of movies and TV series that I had always wanted to see but had forgotten about them. Now I barely even see cable TV. When I watch cable it's always out of duty, since I'm already paying for the service.

16. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I usually watch Netflix once a week, sometimes twice a week. My husband and I love to watch movies so when there isn't hockey to watch on TV we'll go Netflix and pick a movie. What we love about Netflix is you can start a movie, discover it's not for you and then just pick another movie. We received a Netflix gift card last Christmas for Netflix and think it's one of the best presents we've gotten.

17. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I have a routine for watching TV. I generally only watch when I am eating my lunch or dinner. I sit on the couch, with a dog on one side of me and another on the other side and have my remote control on my lap, and I balance a bowl or dish with my hands. So, for daytime lunch I'll watch something I recorded on DirecTV, or a movie, or show that is on. I rarely watch the news.

At night, I do the same routine with the dogs, food, and remote. But that's the time I watch Netflix. I watched all seasons of Breaking Bad three times, Orange is the New Black (waiting for the next season), and now I'm watching Person of Interest.

Netflix is very reliable where I live and in all the time I've had it, there has been only two small outages. One was nationwide and lasted for several hours and the other was a local problem. I have an extraordinarily fast internet connection, so that helps a lot with streaming on Netflix. I also bought a sound bar, because it helps dramatically with the dialogue on movies. I dislike all the loud music playing in the background where you can't hear the actors speaking.

18. DuckDragon

DuckDragonNew Member

Threads:
    I had account on netflix but i cancel my subscription after one month.

19. paleblueskies

paleblueskiesNew Member

Threads:
    I also watch Netflix everyday. To be honest I hardly ever watch anything on tv anymore. Like you I hate waiting week to week when on Netflix you can watch what took other people months to watch you can watch in days. I wish they would add more movies besides that Netflix is perfect!

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I pay a subscription to our local version of Netflix but I don't watch it everyday, though I still think it is worth it because a lot of other devices in our household use the same account as it allows for up to five devices. I watch youtube a lot more and I'm not as much in the mood for tv series of movies these days but from time to time I do get into that phase and for those times it is handy to have an account. I also like that it is very accessible in that it's very easy to broadcast to streaming devices that I hook up to the tv.