Netflix?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Cornholio • Aug 4, 2012.

1. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Who else is on the Netflix bandwagon?

I like Netflix and for only $9 a month it is quite worth it. My biggest gripe though would be the selections. If it is a newer movie and it is on the list then most likely it is bad and that is why they got the rights to it so easily. They are getting better but I would be willing to pay a little more if I could get new movies and shows when they come out.

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix . Although your right about the selections, they are getting better. Their tv series selection is awesome. I love the fact that if you stumble upon a series you have never seen and like it, you can catch up on it. I don't mind waiting for the newest releases to be available, there is so much to pick from I don't mind watching a movie that is older ones.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I don't watch too much TV or too many movies, but my brother LOVES Netflix too. Between that and COD, he can keep busy for a whole day :p

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I think Netflix is a great alternative to renting movies. But, I guess I just got spoiled when I was on the original plan. For $8 I got DVDs sent to my home, and was also able to stream. They lost me when they decided to charge for both separately which doubled the price. My dvd player broke, so I tried the stream only version, but those selections were limited. So I gave it up.

5. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I jumped off the Netflix bandwagon when they changed their plans. I'm with Farrah, the streaming is too limited and those of us who had the old plan got screwed when they changed...they should have at least grandfathered us in at the old price like many companies do. I discontinued the day I got the notice that they were changing and I will never go back.

6. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I pay $8 a month for just the streaming service and I think it's well worth it. Everyone in the house can watch whatever they want on their own computer. I like the number of series they have available as there are a number of them I wanted to see from the beginning, and I like how many old classics they have. It's a lot cheaper than renting as you go or buying DVDs.

7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    The Canadian version totally sucks for content. The CRTC blows big time. I use a service to get the US version which has about 4x more content on it. It's makes it a bit more expensive but more worth it if that makes sense.

8. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:

Yeah, that's ONE that that I dislike about streaming Netflix. They rotate what's available.

9. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Meh. I prefer free movie streaming sites.

They're not that hard to find, and they don't charge me a monthly fee to do it! Maybe one day I'll make the legitimate switch, but only once the Netflix selection catches up with the movie selections. I mean, it can't be long now right?

10. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I canceled my subscription when they more than doubled the rates. Paying $17 is not worth it to me when we only used them for a couple DVD's a month. It wasn't really worth it, as we can buy 3 DVD's a month from Walmart for that price, or rent 17 Redbox movies.

11. lovelygirl

lovelygirlNew Member

Threads:
    I recently ran into an issue with Netflix displaying an advertisement that prevented me from playing movies in full screen. I contacted Netflix customer support. The representative sounded as if she did not care about her job or the customer's calling in. I received 5 different answers as to the reason why I was having this problem. Naturally, I got upset and foul language slipped from my tongue. The representative quickly got defensive and offered to cancel my account. Being a customer service rep for several years I was baffled, and explained to her that she has only escalated my frustration. I advanced my call to the supervisor, who intern showed absolutely zero concern for my dilemma and continued on about how Netflix does not care if I cancel my account or stay with them

12. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I love netflix because of their huge tv show selection. Although their movie collection could use some love, Its still alot better than paying a monthly cable bill for the same shows! ;)

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Netflix is so worth it and reasonable! I mean for someone who is always at work and is not really a couch potato, this is a pretty good deal. When it comes to choices, I know they could do better but still, all good for me!