Neutrogena Fade Cream

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jneanz • Oct 3, 2015.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to get rid of facial scars left from depilatories and tweezing. Since I don't wear makeup any more, I figured it would be best to try fade cream. Back when I was a teen, I used over the counter stuff like Esoterica and Porcelana. It worked but my skin has changed and I wanted something with less cancer risk.

While Clinique was rated the highest, it also cost $52. The Neutrogena was $25, and I like their bath products so I figured why not.
    Well, it burned my face, that's why not. And my face was still a little damp from steam. Boo!

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Neutrogena is usually a good brand, is it for sun spots (pigmentation) or for acne scars because they are different products. Both will be strong though and will penetrate the dermis because it has to. The only way is to increase skin renewal rates. These kinds of products should only be used for a short period of time and only at night generally. However, people do react to these more than anything because they are so active.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm actually surprised that the Neutrogena product burnt your face, because I too thought they were generally good quality. Maybe you have very sensitive skin.

I too am prone to uneven skin tone, but have never used any Neutrogena products. Like Theo said, some of these skin evening products are best used at night, which I do. This is because they tend to make your skin extra sensitive to UV rays. I only use them 2-3 times a week too. What I would recommend to you is Vitamin C serum. It's natural, sinks right into your skin and is actually a natural sunscreen. What's more, its very good at removing dark patches and fine lines over time. You can shop around for it on Amazon, which carries a very wide range at varying percentages. I'd go for 20%+.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also surprised to hear that it burned your skin. That's very unusual for a Neutrogena product. Were you using it in conjunction with any other products? Perhaps it has some ingredient that you are allergic to. Did you buy it in the store? I think sometimes when we buy products elsewhere, such as from eBay or other similar venues, the products may be older, and with some sellers, I've come to suspect that the products have been switched. It might be worth it to look around online for the Clinique product you're interested in. I'm not sure if Drugstore.com carries Clinique, but they have some really good deals on such products.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Hey Diane,

I bought this from Ulta during their BOGO half-off sales. I have something to share.

More than 10 years ago, Dr. Jan Adams had a skin care system that was not only affordable but it worked. Now, if the name sounds familiar, that's because he's the same doctor charged in the death of Dr. Donda West (aka Kanye's mother). The product was sold through Walgreen's but after her passing, the only place products were found was online. By the time I needed it again, I feared that the products would be so old that they would be ineffective or cause more damage.
    But back to your post, I agree that I'm just going to have to invest in Clinique. Hopefully I'll get one of those gift bags w/my purchase:D

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I like Neutrogena products as they are comparable to the high price brands. Sometimes the high end creams that you get at department stores do not even work. I used to use a $60 jar of Lancome cream, but found that drug store creams are just as good and much cheaper.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I love the gifts with purchase. Talk to the people at the Clinique counter at the stores locally, and ask them to let you know when there'll be a sale coming up, and when the GWPs will be available. Most of them work on commission, so they'll be happy to help you out. I used to do that, but it's been a while since I've bought anything that expensive. My sister can only use Clinique, and swears by their products. I've used a mix of that, Lancome, and some others like Neutrogena, L'oreal, and Olay over the years, and have never had any issues, thankfully.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used the CVS fade cream ( in a green tube) and it works and is affordable. As with all products some people will be sensitive. I have had friends who worked for Clinique when I worked as a beauty girl and they would never use the products except the make up because the had to. I also trained with the Lauder group and had my Clinique training and I would never (even now) use their products. I'm still amazed that people buy into the brand, but many consultants sell it, but don't use it. I won't say why, but needless to say, most people in the know, know there are better and safer products to use.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only used Olay products, when I find a product that works I stick with it. My skin is sentive to out breaks so I don't try too many things on my skin. When it I find something that works I don't try anything else.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    That's good to know about the CVS brand fade cream. Since you obviously have some insider information, I'll take that as a hint that I should buy that brand. I was using one from Avon that a friend had given me, but I ran out, and never really saw much of a difference with that, so I haven't bought a replacement for it.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I use a lot of Neutrogena products. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and it burning your skin. I am definitely more careful about what I put on my skin. I like to use more natural products. Have you ever tried ale vera gel? I've used it on a scar I had on my hand and it helped to fade the scar so that it was less noticeable. Aloe vera has really great healing properties and is gentle on your skin. It moisturizes, and it can be very soothing on a sunburn. You can find aloe vera gel in the sunscreen section if you can't you can buy an aloe vera plant, but off one of the leaves and apply the gooy gel from inside the leaf directly on your scar. I hope this helps.

12. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I once used aloe vera cream on an open scar and it healed completely. Once I was cooking and hot oil burst the top part of my hand almost completely wide open. I used it 3-4 times a day and in less than a year, it was barely noticeable.

However, my face is sensitive to perfumes. The aloe vera gel I have leaves my skin dry. Hopefully, I can find a pure cream with no fragrances.