Never buy cheap earbuds from the Dollar Tree!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SEA81 • Apr 22, 2012.

1. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    I gave up on buying earbuds. After having so many and having them all break. Only being able to hear in 1 ear or cord getting ripped. I just decided to put in more money and buy some skullcandy headphones. They are bigger but worth the price.

2. brentcsi101

brentcsi101New Member

Threads:
    Ha. I did this years ago. Just to see how bad they were, I bought a pair. (hey, they were a buck) I was laughing at how badly they sounded. My Bose ear buds eat these cheap ones for breakfast!

3. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    Thank you for this review. Sometimes it really does not pay to scrimp. It was worth a try and you have saved many people who read this from spending that $1. I will be going elsewhere because of your helpful statements. Thank you.

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    So, I ended up buying a second pair at the Dollar Tree! (I never learn.) These are not the over the ear kind and have worked a little better, but the sound in one ear goes in and out, and they do not fit well. Hopefully, if I can ever get myself gainfully employed again, I can afford a nice set.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This thread just reminded me of the earbuds I have in currently (at my computer, but I have a little adapter that makes it so I can use them with smaller jacks, too)....

I got them as freebies on the last flight I took for the in-flight movie. I've been using them for months now and didn't spend a dime on them. :eek: I'm surprised they've lasted this long, but it's worth noting that you might want to ask for a set the next time you're flying, even if you bring your own with you. They're a nice backup pair, if nothing else.

6. hyperjumper

hyperjumperNew Member

Threads:
    I think a good pair of earbuds is essential to own, but if you are going on a trip or using for a workout it's good to have a couple of cheap ones. Don't aim to high: Just get something you can stand and ... um... doesn't SHOCK YOU!! I like the encore TT-1

bulk ear buds, as the have alright quality for a cheap ear bud. And if they get lost, no tears.

7. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to find some that hold up to my kids...I think I have bought 5-6 sets of headphones since Christmas for my 2 girls.

8. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know that there were earbuds sold at the Dollar Tree. But then again, you shouldn't expect much since it only cost $1. Earbuds are one of the easiest things to break, either from the cord snapping or the sound going out in one ear. It doesn't even matter if it's some cheap generic brand or an expensive pair. I've gone through so many earbuds that I've learned to buy warranties or them. It's a few dollars more but a good investment in my opinion. At least you'll be getting your money back or another set without having to pay for them.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    lol, they must be the same ear buds they give you for free on the airplane. They work about 1 day and then one or both ears go out. Try accessory geeks. They have great deals there and free shipping. It usually arrives in 1-2 days. Its worth it.

10. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I'm glad that I saw this post because I was considering buying Dollar Tree earbuds! I figured that they didn't work very well, but I thought that they would be good just to have stationary at the computer instead of plugging and unplugging my good earbuds from my mp3 player. I have had good luck with the M&M earbuds! They fit perfectly into my ear and sound good too. That is if you don't mind having two M&Ms sticking out of your ears!

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! I was actually thinking about buying some dollar store earbuds because they were only a dollar. But now after reading this, I'm going to steer clear and just buy the 10 dollar ones from Best Buy or something. Again, sticking to dollar stores for food and school supplies!

12. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    Geez thanks for these info's buddy.I was about to buy few today when I saw this thread,it was really helpful.Thanks once again !

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

I'm just going to be honest with you, but come on, you should be careful about buying anything that you are going to put near your ear from the dollar store.

I understand trying to save a few bucks, but there are some things that you can't be so cavalier about, your ears and eyes are among those things. I wouldn't even buy cheap earphones from Best Buy. Too much can happen and you actually hear when it's about to go wrong. Have you ever had a bit of a static shock with your headphones?

Now, imagine it with the cheapest of the cheapest. Yikes!

14. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    How much did you pay for the headphones? ?

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of over the ear because the sound quality is usually pretty bad. That said I usually just go by Walmart and by a pair and a spare. The pair is not going to be more than $10 and the spare will be $5 or less (usually about a $1). The main pair will last me for some months and the spare will get me through the intervel especially if I'm low on cash.

16. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    Lol every time I buy some cheap headphones they always break within like a day. Also the quality of music in the headphone isn't the best. I would rather just save up my money for a better quality of headphone then settle for garbage from the Dollar Tree.

17. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    Yeah ear buds are tricky to buy you can good cheap ones you just need to know what to get always get something simple that way they will work longer the fancy ones cost more to make therefore will be worse quality.

18. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Simetimes you just get a bad item. Interesting how some of the earbuds from Dollar Tree are fine, while others are bad. Guess it's the luck of the draw.

19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    You are so right! I was so mad one time when I bought some cheap earphones and when I got home and opened them then put them in my ears,the middle roll out. I took them back and got my money.

20. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying cheap earbuds is generally a bad idea, since they usually sound terrible.. No highs, no bass, only mids. I don't know about you, but listening to that bothers me to no end, not to mention it makes my ears hurt :)