New Acer Chromebooks On The Way Imminently

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Sep 11, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Acer's Chromebook 13 models are hitting the market any day now and feature a newer Tegra K1 chip. It's expected to get 10 to 13 hours of battery life, depending upon which model you choose: 13" with HD screen and 2 GB RAM, 13" FHD and 2GB Ram, or 13" FHD and 4GB RAM. The Tegra K1 chips don't give a dramatic boost in performance to normal tasks, but it excels in graphical applications of which there are a handful on Chromebooks. Models cost $279, $299, and $379 respectively.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! This is great news! My boyfriend gave me an Acer C72, and I can honestly say that I love it! Finding out that new and better ones are coming out is such an exciting news! Do you own a Chromebook?

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I find that the Chromebooks aren't really that great, I feel that they should be priced cheaper as for these prices, you can buy a normal Windows powered laptop for the same price, which can do a lot more and doesn't rely on using the internet. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Chromebooks, just their pricing and that they are literally useless when you don't have web connection annoys me. If these things are priced at $149/$179/$219 then I would consider buying one of the mid range model for my parents.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow! That battery life is pretty long.

I recently bought a Chromebook. I decided to buy a Lenovo. I bought a brand new one in a box off eBay for a great price. I just love it.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the same price, you can get a Windows laptop with terrible performance. Windows 8 budget laptops are outfitted with Celeron processors that can't keep up with the OS most of the time. It's also a misnomer to say that Chromebooks can't function offline because Google has slowly been implementing such features with certain apps. Four Android apps were released on Chrome OS with more on the way, too.

Chromebooks compared to similarly priced Windows 8 laptops win in battery life, startup/shutdown speed, and smoothness. A budget Windows laptop might get five hours of battery life and still bog down with 4GB of RAM.