New Electric Plan

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Diane Lane • Nov 15, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I ended up staying with the same company I've had for years. There were no incentives like the gift cards offered by some of the competitors (they all have really bad reputations), but it's a fixed rate, versus the variable rate I started out on years ago.

I called them about another matter the other day, and while I was on the phone, the person I was speaking to mentioned my rate and this new plan that they only offer to long time customers. I don't trust any company these days, so I made sure I have a trial period during which I can switch back. The only penalty is if I cancel the service and switch to another provider here in this area they serve. If I decide to move in with someone else and not have service in my name, or move out of the area, the penalty wouldn't apply.

Although people do complain about the company I have, they are pretty reliable, and also don't cut me off if I'm a few days late paying, or charge exorbitant late fees, unlike some of the competitors.