New link for free e-books

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by H.C. Heartland • Jun 9, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Hi I found this new link for downloading free e-books?

some people do not like to download free e-books because many are not as well written because they were self published works. What about you? Do you like to download free e-books? And if so, what is your favorite site?

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't, because you have to have Adobe PDF Reader to read `em; and I don't remember if my computer's too small to download it or -if I'm just too impatient, but I don't have it & don't want it that bad.

Most ebooks are tryin` to sell you somethin`.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Heartland :)

Yes I like downloading free ebooks but I don't have any particular site for downloading ebooks. It's kind of a random unplanned thing for me. Like while I'm surfing, sometimes I chance upon a good blog/site that gives a free ebook when you subscribe, so I subscribe and get the ebook. I have a special email account for that purpose. And so far, all the free ebooks that I have downloaded in exchange for my email are quite helpful. :eek:

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember the last time I paid for an ebook. Oh, I recall. It was in 2008 and I paid for an E-book that was meant to be informational but had nothing of the sort in it.

Since then I download free ebooks wherever I can find them. Legally, I have to add.

Like eppie I don't have a favorite site. I just use a search phrase + Free pdf [modifier] and I'll get the book from the first site I see the pdf on. But thanks for sharing the link. It's always good to have as many arrows in your quivers as you can.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use adobe reader for my PDFs. I got rid of it a long time ago when I realized it took up too much space in my Hard Disk for nothing. If you come across a PDF file you'd like to view in future then I'll recommend Haihai PDf reader. It does lack some basic features but it's OK. For example you can't copy text from it.

But with a file size of 3.5 MB, the software does a decent job. You can download it here [if you want to]

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I clicked the link, it said, "Sorry, the offer you are looking for is no longer available". So maybe it was indeed trying to sell something? Anyway, I do like to download free e-books, and I usually just use Google to find them. I'm mostly directed to 4shared.com.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have one: gutenberg.org. Most of the ebooks here are free. If you love classic, century old books, and want an ebook copy of them, then you are surely going to enjoy this place. But also, they have new ones, not just all classic books. I have enjoyed this site, and this has been already running long since ebooks were not yet that ubiquitous. Go ahead and head on. Check it out, and see what I am saying.