New Nexus Devices Coming Soon

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Sep 28, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google is expected to announce new Nexus devices in October, including a new smartphone and at least one or more tablets.

Motorola's Shamu/Nexus 6 or X: It's reportedly a 5.9" smartphone with a 4K resolution display, a 3,000+ mAh battery, and Android L operating system.

Nexus tablet(s): At least one new Nexus tablet is expected considering the last one came out in 2013. It could be another Nexus 7, although an 8- or 9-inch tablet is more likely. There are plenty of rumors on the device, but nothing has been announced by Google.

Thoughts?

2. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    The rumors of the "Nexus 6/X" and the photo leaks apparently was actually a leak of the Motorola Moto S, which is easy to be confused with due to the same manufacturer. In regards to the 4K resolution display, in whichever phone uses it, I think that battery life will be severely lowered... I really don't think 1440p is necessary for a smartphone of 5.9 inches. Perhaps in a widescreen TV of 40" class or higher, but I really don't see the use in a mobile phone, especially in a line that has somewhat of a history of having a mediocre battery life.