New or used appliances, Which would you prefer?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Deeme • May 6, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most appliances are made to last a maximum of 15 years. Crafty homeowners familiar with this fact would want to get rid of such appliances whose service life is almost over. Does the buyer get a good deal even if they sell their stuff at half price?

IMO, anyone buying an appliance unless they're quite sure the owners had a good reason to sell it [while it's still relatively new and in a great condition] would him/herself a favor by buying a brand new appliance. It'll save you a lot of repair costs you'll have to incur if you buy a faulty appliance.

2. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently decided that it is best to save up and buy new. I have managed to break 4 second-hand washing machines in under a year!Even though the total cost of these machines is still less than I would pay for a new one it is the trauma it causes me that makes me come to this decision. Every time one breaks I have to go down to my mums to wash things or wash them by hand until I can get hold of a new one. I have four children and do at least 4 loads of laundry a day, sometimes 6. I think that I would definitely be better off with new.