New Pressure Cooker Recipe I Just Tried Out Today - Columbian Chicken Stew

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Jun 5, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:

I was in the mood to make something in my pressure cooker for lunch today, and came across this recipe on Serious Eats. I love using my pressure cooker, but I'm also about "5 ingredients or less" type recipes. It's always a fun challenge to see how robust of a meal you can get out of the most basic components. This was certainly one of those dishes and definitely a keeper. I've made many stocks in my pressure cooker, and was a little skeptical that this would turn out good, or even have any flavor to it, but it really did. I think the main thing that works here is not adding any additional liquids to the pot, so the liquids that the ingredients give off create a really concentrated flavor. I put chicken thighs skin side down at the very bottom, then piled the other ingredients on top and seasoned generously. That helped the chicken skin get browned while the pot was heating up to pressure - kill two birds with one stone instead of browning the chicken separately first. It's a very rich broth from all the rendered chicken fat in it, so one bowl can be pretty filling.