New Samsung J7

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Corzhens • Nov 12, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My old Samsung S3 broke down a few months ago and the diagnosis was a bloated battery that also affected the motherboard. For the new battery and repair, I was charged $30. Cheap, okay. But last weekend, that phone wouldn't charge no matter what I do. And since the battery is almost zero charge so I couldn't use it. Last Monday I went to the shop and bought a battery for $10. It was working all right. However, it wouldn't charge. That means the phone has a problem and not just the battery.

Yesterday I bought a new Samsung J7 for 13,000 pesos, that's around $300 only as compared to the cost of my old Samsung which was 25,000 pesos or around $600.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the look of the Samsung J7, plus I love Samsung products anyway. In my book, it's the next best thing to Apple LOL It sounds like you needed a replacement. Shame you'd already spent some money trying to get the old battery to work. I hope you enjoy your new phone and that it serves you well :)

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried the using the charger with another unit? The problem might be the charger or USB cable. I know that the J7 has a 13 megapixel cam, right? I hope it will last longer than your Samsung S3.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about switching to Samsung. I am looking for a phone that has a large amount of memory on the device. My current 'smart phone' can hold a lot if I can direct it to the card but this is a problem when it comes to the actual applications. The applications must sit on the phones memory and I don't have enough memory available for everything I want. Many of my peers have Samsung and seem pretty happy with it. In my current location it is hard to find Apple products. Most of them are second hand and have lock features that have not been properly unlocked. So it is better to find something new like Samsung. The last time I bought my current phone I didn't understand how downloading options worked. It was good for the price and I figured it was my 'learning phone' it has worked good for its intended purpose but now I know more of what I need and that is larger memory on the phone itself. But due to my ignorance, I'm thinking I should continue 'learning' on my current phone before deciding for sure which to choose.

5. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Good acquisition choice you made there, corzhens! I personally like anything that's offered by Samsung, with a strong emphasis on the phone you acquired. Too bad that I've been lately occupied with Christmas shopping, but I promised I'd indulge myself with a new phone for New Year's Eve!

Anyway, great choice! Tell us how it goes.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean the old Samsung battery? Yes, I bought a charger for the battery and not the unit because the old phone doesn't charge with any charger (I actually borrowed 3 chargers and tried). Thank you for wishing my phone would last long, hoping so too. Yes, the camera is very good with the 13 mp resolution.