New Store Jet.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Ke Gordon • Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone heard of or used Jet? It is an online store that is supposed to be a cross between Amazon and Costco. Their shipping charges are less supposedly because they use more local providers, and you do have to pay a subscription or membership fee, but their prices are less than Amazon..I just wonde if anyone has tried it.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used it, but just saw it mentioned in an article I was reading earlier. Apparently it's similar to the Amazon Dash (the so called Amazon Easy Button) where Amazon Prime members can order/pay for buttons to keep at home, that will automatically re-order specific products with one touch. I think competition is great, but it will take a lot for a new company to catch up to Amazon's success. Here's an article that talks about some of the differences between the two:

3. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of it but I would be interested in trying it out. I use Amazon quite often. It sounds like it may be a place to get better deals. I am going to look into it and see what it is all about.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jet.com has been proven to nab lower prices than Amazon, but shipping costs are sometimes higher because items not available from Jet.com are actually purchased from other retailers with low prices. Therefore, you save on things that are purchased directly from Jet.com, but the selection is somewhat limited because the company is new. If you're looking for things not offered on the site, then its employees actually purchase those items from Walmart or JC Penney or wherever in order to deliver what you want. It's an interesting concept that needs to grow more to benefit consumers.

5. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Never used or heard of Jet.com, as most people in here I suppose, but that doesn't mean much anyway. I do use Amazon and eBay almost exclusively so I don't know much about other sites.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd never heard of it, so thanks for the heads up. I just had a quick look and it seems very reasonably priced. It'd be nice to hear from someone who has used i,t for a bit of feedback. I like the prices of their fragrances, which can be a killer here. It sounds like an interesting concept, which could very well lose them customers if not properly executed. If they're sourcing some of their products from other companies, there may also be long waiting periods and/or the disappointment of waiting only to be told the items are unavailable.