New Wave Burgers

Discussion in Food & Drink started by to7update • Jan 2, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I am late in this trend and it's no longer new, but lately a lot of new burger houses have been appeared where I live and they are far from the traditional burgers. We have shrimp, crab, fish, vegetables and so on and on, so what happened to the old traditional burger?! Any of you familiar with these new burger houses? Do you like them?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the original meat and chicken burgers. I'm not such a big fan of sea food and vegetables so I wouldn't really consider purchasing from those restaurants. They also sound extremely expensive such as crab and shrimp and I just don't think it's worth the price. I'd rather have a cheaper meat burger or purchase some patties and make my own. Tastes better and it's cheaper.

3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, meat burgers are fine, but once in a while I do like a change. I have eaten in one of those shops a shrimp burger and was rather delicious. As a side dish I had fried sweet potatoes, so it was really delicious, and the juices were great too. So overall, I love to have the choice, even if it's pricey yes.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We eat veggie burgers at home these days. We like sirloin burgers too, but they got too expensive, $5.29 a pound on sale. Veggie burgers are not cheap either, but healthy to eat. So now the choices of which burger to buy when both are expensive? I'm seriously looking at Wendy's and Burger King for burgers again. Cheaper to buy deals than to cook it at home. Even veggie bacon got way too expensive and a pound of bacon on sale the cheapest was 1.99! It's getting cheaper to buy your burger. I know what you mean for in Hawaii too burgers have gone gourmet. (So have the prices.)

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The beef industry in the US is very sick. In fact, South Koreans were protesting imported US beef and I can't blame them, even if the protests were done somewhat out of spite for unrelated things. Actually, Americans, themselves, should be protesting the beef. A lot of times, as shown in the movie Fast Food Nation, the cows are eating their own waste, among other things.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is a fact, and eating their own waste is just a part of what's happening. They live in miserable conditions, are injected with antibiotics to grow faster, and it's insane that something like that is done just to increase profit, regardless of our health. At the end of the day still tastes good though...

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well if you are behind then I am even further behind, because I know that I have heard of them but never really gone any more than that. Sounds interesting, but not something I need to try. They sound more expensive too, which is never a plus.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a vegetarian and so I go for veggie burgers. However, I do see the newer stuffings which I feel are a bit off at times. I think its the same case for pizzas topping.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Ha, so lucky for you in this case @Decentlady@Decentlady, as veggie burgers are actually really good and those modern burger houses want to attract all sort of clients, so they have them. My wife recently got a mushroom burger because she loves them, but in the middle of the meal she noticed there was no meat there lol, so she missed it. It was an ok burger though. :)

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am not too fund of sea food so I prefer the regular burgers instead. I might go for a veggie burger which I've heard taste similar to the regular meat burgers and some even like the chicken ones. I am a bigger fan of the spicey chicken ones more than the meat ones though. I just wouldn't feel comfortable eating the sea food ones at all.

11. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I personally only like a normal cheese burger, we have a burger joint in the town over that is all family owned like the brother raises and processes the cattle and the brother has the restaurant...they have the best burgers, I also like to make burgers with a fried egg on top if I want a change. Thats about as different as I get, I guess I do eat deer burgers quite a bit as well...

12. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:

I'm not sure about the beef, but I do know that the organic chicken meat tastes much better. Plus, you don't have to feel guilty about chickens locked up in cages all day. Note. I haven't really tried organic beef, but I'm sure it is much better. It would be very clean, sort of like deer meat.

As for the natural chicken meat, it's only slightly more expensive than the other meat, so I think it's a bargain. By the way, 7update noted, the non-organic beef still tastes quite good.

13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, there is also the moral question regarding the quality of living of the animals, that is extremely negative @Jason76@Jason76. Any organic product tastes a lot better than it's "regular" production counterpart, no question about it, and we can notice that not only in flavor, but also in texture. When eating organic vegetables or fruits, the taste is completely different.