New Xbox (codename Durango) - Thoughts?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ami560 • May 13, 2013.

1. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    Over the past few weeks, there has been a lot of buzz over Durango, the supposed new Xbox from Microsoft. From leaked specs to rumors over the new system requiring a constant internet connection, there has been a flurry of speculation by tech blogs and news sites. I've even heard that it's supposed to come out for this years Christmas season. There's a reveal event by Microsoft later this month, but like most I can't wait until then. So, any thoughts or extra info you guy's have heard*?

* - Classified leaks are welcome as well

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to the next Xbox and that goes the same with the PS 4. I'm not that impressed with the Wii U since it's churning out some crappy games. I'm a bit skeptical about the new Xbox though because of the IllumiRoom project that they're doing. But, again, all we can do is wait.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be interested to see it. I've heard it's going to be all downloaded games, no more cartridges/CDs. I am an XBox fan but I hardly play my 360 now, so I'm not sure I'd spend the money on it.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Personally, the PS4 announcement has only made me more hyped to see the new Xbox, since I'm now very much excited to see how it is going to be in relation to competing with Sony. Admittedly, I'm not that much interested with the specs. I just want it to look good and play well, and of course have some cool new things added onto it.

5. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I thought they would call it Fusion? or I am just mistaken with this. Durango? For me it doesnt suit it. It sounds awful. It kinda reminds me of Rango, the ugly lizard from that animation movie with the same title. They should just call it Xbox 720, its way better.

Anyways, with the announcement of PS4 too made this new consoles anticipated, I think they should be focusing on having the Oculus Rift integrated. Man, that was cool virtual reality experience for everyone.

#5May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  6. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    I'm really interested in the next Xbox, but I haven't been hearing entirely great things about it. I know that we try and stay relatively frugal here, but I've heard that the new xbox will have to always be online to function, which means you have to pay a subscription fee to run it. If that holds true, I don't think I'll be purchasing the next xbox, for the love of my wallet.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will purchase the next gen systems but it will be on a staggered basis. I want to own all the next gen systems because they all have exclusive games that I want to play. Xbox has Gears of War and Halo, PlayStation has Good of War and Uncharted, Nintendo has Smash Bros and Zelda. The problem now is which system would I Orchard first. I think I'd go for the PS4 first though rather than the Xbox.