New Year, New Health Resolutions!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • Jan 14, 2016.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    New Year, new diet resolutions!!! That's how my year always starts. But this year is even more critic because I have gained an astounding 40 POUNDS last year!!!! So I need to lose that and MORE ASAP!

With that, since last week I have lost 6 pounds, so i'm feeling pretty excited and positive about losing weight. I've been eating healthy and calorie counting but nothing extreme. It's been a pleasant diet for me so far and one I'm sure I'm able to stick with, it's very sustainable and that is what makes me more excited.

I've been buying whole grain foods and checking if they are industrialized. Also, something that's helping is following Health and Fitness Instagram accounts.

What is your Health/Fitness/Diet ideas for 2016?

2. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Drink less alcohol and eat more fruit and veg .

3. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Stop smoking, stop drinking, and exercise daily. I'm actually experiencing some improvements on my health. I've become more focused, and more lively ever since I decided to do a slight change to my lifestyle and its paying dividends already. I'm still hoping that I lose my belly fat and gain some abs though so no stopping till I get there.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to cut down on my sugar and food intake since I also have gained weight. I noticed that I lose and gain weight quite easily with just a couple of food intake fluctuations, so if I set my mind to it then I will be able to lose weight if I lessen my food intake.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Way to go!
    You say you're calorie counting, did you find out how many calories your body needs to function before deciding on a number? Starving and lacking nutrients are the biggest reasons for failing diets (though nobody should be on diets, you should be going for a sustainable lifestyle and diets are not that).
    Keep up the great work! If you ever feel discouraged, just remember what a pound represents.. so even one is a great step forward :)