New Year's Resolution 2016

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by prose • Dec 13, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot believe that we are entering the remaining final weeks of the year 2015. This year has flown by so fast! I have learned a lot this year and as a result, I have some goals in mind for next year. (I usually do not stick with New Year's resolutions, so perhaps if I call them 'goals' instead, they will stick! :p). Here are the things that I would like to work on in 2016:
    • Become the healthiest version of myself as possible by eating healthier (more fruits and vegetables) and exercising more.
    • Continue to build stronger relationships with people who are close to me.
    • Continue to pay off as much debt as possible.
    • Begin a vegetable garden this year!
    • Continue to learn to live with less, and stop buying things that I do not need.
    • Pray more often.
    Are you taking on any new goals or resolutions for yourself this New Year? Do you usually stick to your resolutions?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have only one New Year's resolution and this is to start writing down my goals, my daily schedule and whatever else that needs to be done (or would like to achieve) but that year after years lies down in my mind, never jotted down, and therefore easy to forget has the new year days are left behind.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:My New Year's resolution is not to make any resolutions for the New Years. I like to grow as I live, correct short comings as they occur and improve as I live. Being only human I like to also pamper myself at times especially at the holiday time, to enjoy and celebrate life a little. ​

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really would want to eat healthier since I am fond of eating fatty and oily foods, not to mention soda plus I don't exercise, so I am looking forward to at least being more physically active in the coming year.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I know this may seem a little odd - although I do appreciate the fact that there are many that do like to follow the long standing tradition of making New Years Resolutions - but like Krissttina Isobe - I don't make New Years resolutions either.

Simply because - I've always been one of those who much prefers - not to allow anything in my life get so out of hand that I would need to make a resolution to rectify it - as to me - because life is precious and every second counts - its way more preferable to go with the flow and make necessary changes/improvements as and when they occur - as not only does it make life way easier and less complicated but importantly - more fulfilling and a whole lot more enjoyable too.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to make resolutions throughout the year. I have made a few improvements over this past year, although circumstances beyond my control tended to negate any progress I had made, plus some, so I'm still ending the year with a greater deficit than I started. One thing I work on a little more with each successive year, is learning to be more grateful for what I have, and learning to make do with less. In doing so, I've found that I really don't care about things nearly as much as I used to. I used to constantly make lists of what I needed to do to reach my goals, but I'm learning to make lists of positive changes I've made instead, which helps me to feel satisfied with what I have, more grateful overall and accepting of my life circumstances.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    My new years resolution is to read more books. I don't have a set goal yet but there is still some time left. I also plan on studying to finally get my driver's permit and licence. I also have the goal of growing my hair out by atleast 6 inches. I want to buy a few beauty products so I can maintain myself better versus always having to go to the nail salon. Except for my eyebrows. I can't do eyebrows and looked pretty silly for cutting them weird so lesson learned.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always have my resolutions regarding my finances and first and foremost is the spending. Yes, you many not agree but I do have a resolution to restrain myself from senseless spending, from impulse buying and from buying stocks (of anything that is on sale) that I may not need. But as they say, resolutions are made to be declared and not followed so there I go again with my usual list. But in fairness to me, I sometimes become successful.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm tired of making new year resolutions that always fall by the wayside by March LOL So I too have decided I won't be making any this time round. I've decided I'll strive to be a better person, and also try to eat healthier in order to improve my health and wellbeing. I feel as if I gained a lot more weight than a person of my size should in 2015. I'm only short so gaining 3-5kgs looks like 10-20kg on me because of my height, and it aint pretty. Plus I'm not happy because all my clothes feel too snug. I've started and I mean to stick to it and get that weight down.

10. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yap prose! You are right the year passing so fastly. Today is the second last day of the year and I just want to make it most remarkable for me now I am preparing for my new york flight with catch out at night. I am ging to make these celebrations my best ones. I am really excited about it. I myself has set some resolutions for me.
    To be strong and to be more realistic.
    To be more straight forward.
    To have a world tour
    I will set a goal to improve myself.

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, has anyone broken their resolutions yet? I'm happy that I saved 13% off my grocery bill the other day. I posted about it here:

. I like your resolution @Jasmine2015@Jasmine2015 about reading more books. I was so burned out after grad school that I didn't read any books for a long time. I've just started to get back into it, and the ones I've been reading are either free from the library, or free or low cost Kindle e-books. Reading helps me relax and helps my brain reset, so when I get back to whatever task I'm in the midst of, I have a fresh perspective.