Newspaper Versus Online News Sites

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Corzhens • Jul 10, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our local newspaper does have their newspaper online, but you have to have a subscription to get the whole article and other parts of the newspaper. I cancelled my subscription this year, and watch the evening and nightly news when I have the time. Breaking news comes over the radio and tv so if we should know something quickly I'll know about it. I do miss the newspaper once in a while, but for the most part it's okay. We had newspaper subscription ever since before I was born. I'm saving money now from not having my newspaper subscription.

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Although I read mass communication as a professional course in the University and graduated with 2nd Class Upper, I never for once fancied reading printed newspaper. The mere sight of it bore me and coming to the tiny font used in typing the information and news embedded in it makes it practically impossible for me to read.

I have a great avarice towards small font write ups. It stresses my eyes so bad that after putting it through reading those words in the newspapers, it starts to pain.

But online newspapers is easy for me to manipulate it to any size I desire by zooming in on it or setting the font page of browser to bigger characters, thereby making it easier for my eyes to go through it.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the online news sites are just fluff and they are writing random stuff. And adding no value of any kind. You can see that there are some of the news sites like storypick, buzzfeed, huffington are not even worth reading for the news. So on that scale it's reasonable to see that such news sites are worst. Local newspaper are lot better. Because they are building their content on the top of the something reasonable. News sites are turning out to be troll for sure.