Nexguard Chewable Flea And Tick Tablets For Dogs!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by IrishHeather • May 29, 2015.

1. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    With summer also comes flea and tick issues for your dogs. I just wanted to share my satisfaction with NexGuard chewable tablets that I use for my dogs! This product works very well and I have not noticed any negative side effects as of yet. My fur babies have been using this medication for 3 months and it works like a charm!

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of them, Heather, do you know if they have chewable tabs for cats, too? I've been seeing people posting all over the Facebook local groups, going crazy because the fleas are really bad here this year.

3. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    Hi Diane! I don't know a lot about cats as we are a dog family. I did however do a bit of research and as far as I can tell Nexguard is for dogs only, which is a shame because I know from personal experience that its a great product! I did find a really informational blog that compares different brands for both cats and dogs. I have posted the link below. Let us know what you find out!

#

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Thanks, Heather, I'm clicking it now. We're having a really bad flea season this year, I guess because the Winter didn't get cold enough for an extended period, to kill the flea eggs, so we have a bumper crop.

My cats don't go outside, but I think the fleas have been carried in on my shoes/feet, or maybe packages left outside the door. I don't know for sure, but even though my cats had been treated, the problem persists. Since this place is completely carpeted, it's been a nightmare. I would much rather use a treat or other edible product than the chemicals on the back of the neck. My cats tend to have itchy skin anyway, and the topical treatment isn't a good option for them.

Oooh, there IS an oral treatment for cats, I found it on your link, which looks like a great information source, by the way, thanks!

<---here's the part specific to oral treatments and cats, in case future readers are interested.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the idea of the chewable treatment. I've been using the drops for years and no matter how many times I've applied them to my dog's back, I am always leery of whether it's getting absorbed or not. Plus, I'm not the most coordinated person, so I tend to drip and spill a lot. I'm going to check out these chewables!

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Is it crazy expensive?? I'm at the end of my rope here. So far nothing has worked for more than 24 hour
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane
    Have you tried sprinkling salt on your carpets, letting it sit and run vacuuming it up? For me its made a difference. Not a solution but it helps a lot.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I read recently about that method, but also read that the salt ruins vacuums, although I haven't found any information about that online yet. I have sprinkled baking soda throughout the house a few times, and let it sit for a few days, before vacuuming it up, and that seems to be helping somewhat.

8. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not going to promise you it won't mess up the vacuum. But I can tell you that I vacuum daily and salt a couple times a week and my vacuum is fine. I can't tell the same for my carpet, though. My dogs won't stop trying to eat the salt flavored carpet

9. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Salt is a great solution, as it dehydrates the nasty little suckers, and kills them. Serves them right! LOL I appreciate the recommendation for the Nexguard. I am so sick of paying tons of money for FrontlineD and Advantix, which just don't work for us anymore! I'm going to give it a try.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @LilAnn@LilAnn I think I might chance it. What type of salt do you use? Is it regular table salt, or something like epsom salts? Do you have any idea if it makes a difference if it's iodized salt? I have a whole, unused package of table salt, so I could do it, if that's the appropriate type. I also found a can of spray flea prevention that I apparently bought last time I had this issue, and then probably promptly misplaced. It seems there's a new crop hatching. I can tell because 2 of my cats try to stay off the carpet by jumping and staying up on the furniture, even more than usual, so it's time for another treatment of some sort.